Did anyone Else stick to their calorie deficit on this fine Easter Sunday!??

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I am bulking, so easter is perfect for that :D . On a serious note, if I would be cutting, I would still eat what I ate yesterday regardless. One day won't ruin my long term goal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Well yes but it wasn't any kind of celebratory day in my house, just a Sunday!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    There are 6 days of the year that I really don't care about calories. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July, My birthday, and one game of the baseball season where I try a couple of the crazy food offerings (this year will be a burger with pulled pork and fried cheese curds). Its 1.5% of the year. Blip on the radar.

But I ate so much ham yesterday and deviled eggs yesterday... I had to be rolled out of my parents house.
  • SamskiB
    SamskiB Posts: 211 Member
    I just had one small Easter egg, it was 400 cals of goodness but since I've been losing weight my chocolate cravings have subsided and after i ate it i thought to myself i didn't really want it. I'm shocked as i love chocolate! Weight loss has changed me! :blush:
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Technically yes. I had a big deficit for the 2 days prior so I'm pretty positive I didn't go over calories if I look at my week as a whole instead of just 1 day. No actual clue how many calories I ate, as someone else cooked and I wasn't about to ask her for the ingredients in everything. I had 2500 cals to cover the meal and dessert though, so I think I managed it
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I went over a bit, but it wasn't because of Easter. Then I didn't go for my usual Sunday night walk either, so there was no burning of those extra calories.

Unusual for me, but I hope to fix that during the remainder of this week.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    I went slightly over and definitely ate more high sodium and heavier foods than usual. No big deal! Logged it all, saved enough leftovers for one more meal and then I'll move on! I was surprised that I was only up one pound this morning. I anticipated a much larger jump from water weight!
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    Barely...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Yup.
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    Passover for me, and all the extra prep work that goes into making a huge feast for 17 people added a lot to my calorie budget, so it wasn't too hard.
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Sure did. Working a busy 12 hour shift helped.
  • fitjp88
    fitjp88 Posts: 15 Member
    That's gonna be a no, dawg hahaa
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Stayed in my usual deficit....... retained 3lb of water anyway

THIS! Lol so relatable.
  • shirley8457
    shirley8457 Posts: 4 Member
    [Absolutely. I had some beautiful baked ham and cauliflower. Everyone else had 'all the fixins'.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    We didn't do the traditional Easter meal so I was well under. Our biggest meal was breakfast. We had spicy chicken salad on toasted english muffins for lunch. The chicken salad is made with yogurt instead of mayo and homemade taco seasoning. For dinner, we had grilled halibut with rice pilaf and beets.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Other than hiding eggs filled with candy for my kids, Easter is pretty much just another Sunday. We were in the car most of the day returning from a long weekend trip to Carlsbad Caverns so most likely I under ate.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Yes. I don't have a big family so we don't have a huge dinner and we're not religious so there's no reason to celebrate Easter for us. I felt kind of bad because my 6 year old was expecting Easter to be a thing because school, but I mean, she'll live.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Sounds like a win to me. I was 3,000+ over.

We were at the beach with my in-laws...I was 2000 over on Easter, and 3000 over the day before. But I did enjoy plenty of chocolate and wine!! :smiley:
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    I had a 16 mile long run today, so I was under my calories. Tomorrow's rest day will balance it out.