Weird foods/combinations you eat

Replies

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    I don't know why but I tried roasted beets with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese. It was good...LOL
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I don't know why but I tried roasted beets with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese. It was good...LOL

that would be totally good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    It occured to me this might be fun to find out the "weird" things others eat.

For example, I eat frozen fruit. Tons of it. Just bowls of mixed frozen fruit lol. Frozen mango if its the right type is like delicious soft creamy fudge. Seriously. Discovered this when i had all this fruit for smoothies i never even used because i prefer to chew my food, And it was always way to soggy when thawed.

I also like cheerios and syrup. -shrugs- no explanation for that one its just delicious lol.

And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol

What "weird" foods/combinations have you found? Maybe We can learn some new tricks lol.

The sweet potato fries concoction sounds yummy!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    My son put barbecue sauce on his eggs and home fries at last night's brinner. I was intrigued so I did it too and it was delicious!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Most of you are just gross with the lesser half just plain knowing how to eat lol :)

To each their own I guess?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    It occured to me this might be fun to find out the "weird" things others eat.

For example, I eat frozen fruit. Tons of it. Just bowls of mixed frozen fruit lol. Frozen mango if its the right type is like delicious soft creamy fudge. Seriously. Discovered this when i had all this fruit for smoothies i never even used because i prefer to chew my food, And it was always way to soggy when thawed.

I also like cheerios and syrup. -shrugs- no explanation for that one its just delicious lol.

And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol

What "weird" foods/combinations have you found? Maybe We can learn some new tricks lol.

The sweet potato fries concoction sounds yummy!

its amazing lol
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Vegemite and raspberry jam on toast :p
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    meat513 wrote: »
    I like salt on my fresh fruit watermelon, oranges, apples
    Pretzels dipped in applesauce
    Glass of milk with ice cubes and sugar
    Eggs and ketchup, boiled eggs with hot sauce
    Collards greens mixed with sweet potatoes
    Mayo sandwich, ketchup sandwich, banana sandwich with mayo
    Weird but good!!

I've never heard of greens and yams mixed. That sounds interesting.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Weird but good!!

It's delicious try it!!

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Weird but good!!

I make a salad with baby spinach, roasted sweet potato, feta, walnut etc - so this type of combo makes perfect sense to me.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    fav sandwich: sprouts, avocado, sunflower seeds, turkey, cranberry, lettuce on seeded bread.
    lately loving sweet potato fries. i make sweet potatoes roasted or microwaved daily but the fries made by a local restaurant are so addicting.
    margherita pizza with extra basil
    peanut butter on everything
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    I microwave squash, chill it, then have it with tuna and mayonnaise. :#
  • Fatandsassy224
    Fatandsassy224 Posts: 27 Member
    My favourite is Peanut butter and sharp cheddar cheese grilled sandwiches. Yum.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Toasted bread with peanut butter and shredded carrot sandwich.
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    Instead of putting jelly on my peanut or other nut butter sandwiches, I like to put dried fruit instead, like raisins or dates.

Like the commenter above I also prefer to dip my fries in mustard, especially honey mustard.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    I am a super picky eater and don’t think I do anything out of the “ordinary” because I am so picky. I eat things one at a time so I don’t mix stuff.

My dad on the other hand...oh where to begin...

Mayonnaise sandwich-yes, four slices of bread slathered (literally) with mayo in between the slices, and only mayo.
    He dips Vienna sausages in mayo
    He fills a glass with cornbread and pours milk over it and mixes it up real good and drinks it
    Ketchup on pancakes
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dipping everything or onion bagels in plain yogurt. With lunch I had a slightly stale whole wheat everything bagel and some Stonyfield Farms plain whole milk yogurt, and it was amazing.

Also with dessert, having hot chocolate with just cocoa powder and sometimes plant-based milk, without any added sweeteners. It's actually really good and also healthy.
  • kt26
    kt26 Posts: 7 Member
    Strawberry jam and salted crisps in a sandwich mmmmm taste of childhood
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    Greek yogurt + chicken (not bad at all, nice hot-cool temperature contrast)
    Marinara sauce + tuna (surprisingly very good)
    Attempts at making practically fat free dry meat/fish more palatable/moist without cooking oils or any high kcal dressings (eat for purpose, not pleasure)

My mother: chef Boyardee + Cheetos (not cooked either...I vomit just a little at the thought of this combo)
  • Jrpwgr
    Jrpwgr Posts: 44 Member
    • A can of baked beans and a can of corned beef hash, heated and mixed thoroughly. Made it once when I was like 10, and still so good its a go-to comfort food for me. Looks like dog food, tastes like love.