My emancipation from food addiction has begun!

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to go! You are doing awesome!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks blambo61!
    Ok, week three weigh in is about to happen. My fasting is going good, sticking to black coffee in the morning and water all day. I still get a little grumpy, but my fears of starving are fading away, and i am no longer compelled to eat when I feel like I might be hungry. I even did a 28 hour fast monday to get back to my normal meal time after an early easter sunday meal. I have been eating pretty healthy most of the week. eating a nice salad before my plate. I was always so-so about eating salads, but after fasting all day, it really brings out the flavors. raw tomato slices are bursting with flavors of sweetness and saltiness, wow! I love this! Last evening I went to a get together with a pot luck. I did good with sticking to one plate method, but the food was rich and high calorie. I enjoyed it, but I feel a little bloated and heavy this morning, so I am prepared for a scolding from the scale haha here goes.....what? really?! 182.4 pounds! yay! over 3 more pounds down! Unbelievable! I don't know how long this weight loss honeymoon is going to last, but i will enjoy the ride!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Rockstar status! I am so happy for you!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Rockstar status! I am so happy for you!

Thanks! I couldn't get that scale to budge in two years of dieting and eating clean. I just thought I was too old to lose weight anymore and was about to give up haha
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Great progress!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Awesome week!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great week!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're still doing great, I bet you're glad you didn't give up :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    Thanks everyone!

You're still doing great, I bet you're glad you didn't give up :)

Giving up is not even an option anymore!

• DarthWaderMT
    MT's weekly weigh in! week 4. 180.2! Lost over two more pounds! another successful week! Hopefully I am burning mostly fat now. It is getting easier now, not feeling nearly as hungry, and a bit less grumpy. Only bad thing, my afternoon drowsiness has returned. Kind of disappointing, I guess it was not related to my eating after all.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have drowsiness in the afternoons often. I always referred to what I ate the day before, but I never have conclusive evidence that that is the culprit. Hope it passes!
  • DarthWaderMT
    yeah I tried eating different things for my usually healthy supper. since I am fasting all day though, it is unlikely related to eating at all. the only things that work are either a couple of power naps, if I get time, or a cup of coffee.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2018
    Still having great losses :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Looking good, Darth!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice loss! Congrats!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Way to go!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Thanks everyone!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Week 5 weigh in! 179.0 pounds. Getting into the slower, hopefully fat burning phase now. I definitely look leaner, and clothes are looser. So that aspect of IF is working out well. What has been a disappointment though, is my energy levels and mood, I was hoping for more improvement in this. Tuesday I had to work late, so i ate some taco bell burritos for my meal. And Wednesday I felt like crap all day, almost sick. I decided to try a low carb meal Wed night, and it made a huge difference, I had my energy back and had a good day, did the same meal last night and I feel great. Could this be making a difference? or just coincedence, I am not sure . I guess I will keep doing low carb for a bit, and see if it keeps working, then go back to carbs and see if it gets worse.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great results!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Cool. Darth, it could have been the Taco Bell versus the actual carbs. :D