What are you proud of?

orangegato
orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
Yes, I'm proud of my weight loss, I'm proud of my kids, but those are somewhat constant. I get most proud of something that is surprising and unexpected. The last 2 days I caught 2 huge mistakes at work, even though it wasn't really my job to do so. And it is making/will make a very important impact. So I feel pretty *kitten* proud about that. It just feels good. And I can't really boast about it to anyone except here.

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    I'm pretty proud to be alive and nearly 10 years sober. I'm proud of the person I am and what I have achieved. But I am most proud of my adorable, stubborn, opinionated know it all mini boy version of myself.

:+1::heart:
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    I'm pretty proud to be alive and nearly 10 years sober. I'm proud of the person I am and what I have achieved. But I am most proud of my adorable, stubborn, opinionated know it all mini boy version of myself.

This is the good stuff.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    Yes, I'm proud of my weight loss, I'm proud of my kids, but those are somewhat constant. I get most proud of something that is surprising and unexpected. The last 2 days I caught 2 huge mistakes at work, even though it wasn't really my job to do so. And it is making/will make a very important impact. So I feel pretty *kitten* proud about that. It just feels good. And I can't really boast about it to anyone except here.

I am proud, of you both!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm most proud of financial stuff. I really turned my life around in that area, as I used to be in serious credit card debt. I have now been out of debt for 11 years and counting, live beneath my means, and do well at saving. I do earn more money than I once did, but the drastic difference in my habits & attitude is what really made things better.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    I'm proud of the fact that I was the first in my family to attend and graduate from college. i'm proud that i'm no longer an alcoholic. And i'm proud of the progress I've made in recovery.

Grats! You've beat a beast so many struggle with. How long have you been sober?
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    I'm proud of the fact that I was the first in my family to attend and graduate from college. i'm proud that i'm no longer an alcoholic. And i'm proud of the progress I've made in recovery.

Grats! You've beat a beast so many struggle with. How long have you been sober?

well, i'm actually at a point where I'm able to drink in moderation now. But i did the whole 'total sobriety' thing for a year, from Oct. 2015 to Oct. 2016

Nice. Well congrats! My mother is/was a recovering alcoholic and thus I've been to many an AA meeting being raised by her alone so I've seen a lot of unfortunate stuff and heard a lot of unfortunate stories.

I don't wish alcoholism on anyone, good for taming that beast of a drug.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I'm proud of myself for keeping it together when I had all the reasons to fall apart. Being strong in front of your kids is harder than it seems. I'm also proud of the woman I've become. I'm not perfect by any means but I managed not to let my dysfunctional upbringing alter who I choose to be as a person. I'm also proud I didnt burn breakfast today.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    My friend is about to graduate college and I am real proud of her