Former Weight Watcher moving to MFP

Hi everyone! Though I’m not new to the weight loss community, I am newish to counting calories. I started on WW 12/2016 and lost 37 pounds. I’ve basically been maintaining that loss since September 2017. The holidays, a vacation, life.... And here I am, still maintaining. I am at a healthy weight but would like to lose a few more pounds. I’ve been debating leaving WW for a while now and made the decision to jump ship today. I’ve used MFP off and on for a year now but am now committing to tracking here daily. WW just wasn’t working for me like it had in the past and the social media portion (Connect) went the way of Facebook and it’s full of negativity and people fighting over plans. Just too much for me. So anywho, happy to be here and ready to reach my goal of losing 40 pounds

Replies

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Welcome. You'll find alot of converts and support here. I've lost a lot and maintained well on WW but I'm getting tired of double tracking and feeling restricted on Freestyle.
    If you don't mind, I'll send you a friend request.
  • _Tara_T
    _Tara_T Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome. You'll find alot of converts and support here. I've lost a lot and maintained well on WW but I'm getting tired of double tracking and feeling restricted on Freestyle.
    If you don't mind, I'll send you a friend request.

Hi there! Yes, I felt very restricted on Freestyle (I lost my weight on Smart Points Beyond The Scale).
  • lorpez
    lorpez Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi
    I'm currently joined with slimming world.
    I know it inside out.
    However I'm only using it for my motivational weekly weigh in and for support, I'm using mfp to loose the weight.
    So far in 3 weeks I've lost 10lb using mfp.
    I've got another 2/3 stone to go (depends on dress size)
    I did do ww and lost 3 stone a good few years ago but piled it all back on after getting to target.
    I'll join you on your journey
  • glennon123
    glennon123 Posts: 2 Member
    Same here! Just left WW, was following the plan and not losing. Looking to drop 40lbs.
  • _Tara_T
    glennon123 wrote: »
    Same here! Just left WW, was following the plan and not losing. Looking to drop 40lbs.
    You can do it!!!! Best of luck on your journey!!!
  • _Tara_T
    lorpez wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm currently joined with slimming world.
    I know it inside out.
    However I'm only using it for my motivational weekly weigh in and for support, I'm using mfp to loose the weight.
    So far in 3 weeks I've lost 10lb using mfp.
    I've got another 2/3 stone to go (depends on dress size)
    I did do ww and lost 3 stone a good few years ago but piled it all back on after getting to target.
    I'll join you on your journey

Way to go! That’s a great loss for 3 weeks!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I am WW Gold member...reached goal a few years back, was still tracking ProPoints to maintain. Moved over to MFP; since I was already in ya it of tracking my food, I found it easy transition, plus easier to find nutrition info than calculate food points! Good luck, it words well for me!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Former WWer that came back to MFP as well (and dropped WW) - feel free to send a friend request - I keep an open diary and am on here daily.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2018
    I started tracking cals to lose my last 5 lbs I tried Freestyle and I couldn’t make it work for me :/
    I have to add that I’m already a Lifetime member that lost 45 lbs on previous WW plans and that I’ve been able to maintain for many years ;)
    Nothing against WW it was an excellent tool for me but I’m sad to say that it’s not anymore...
  • bfanny
    I am WW Gold member...reached goal a few years back, was still tracking ProPoints to maintain. Moved over to MFP; since I was already in ya it of tracking my food, I found it easy transition, plus easier to find nutrition info than calculate food points! Good luck, it words well for me!

Gold member?? I never heard of that, what is it?

• bfanny
    OP yeah tracking points and cals at the same time, just doesn’t make any sense, you can’t compare between the two...At all
    Good Luck on your journey!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I loved FLEX several years back and promptly got pregnant after reaching goal. I’ll be honest that my motivation for not using WW at this time is finances. The last time I did WW I double tracked on MFP to see how the points goals compared to the calorie goals.... it ended up the same almost every day. So I can’t justify paying for WW when I know what to do. I track on MFP but try to stick to the WW healthy guidelines. I need to be better about getting all 8 in. I tend to be low on dairy or healthy oil fairly consistently. I like the nutritional info on MFP a lot.