OMADon - 2018

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great looking meal!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I have never had swordfish, I'll have to try that next time I am in a coastal area. I just don't trust seafood that is traveling more than a 100 miles. :) so for me, that means zero.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    That meal look delicious! Especially the bourbon >:)
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    I got spoiled living near the ocean. It has been a transition being landlocked, as I love fresh fish soo much. I had to find a reliable source for decent seafood. It's not as good as Seattle... Or even coastal NC for that matter... But we all must sacrifice. I used to hold the view that I wouldn't eat seafood unless I could see the water from where I was buying it. Oh, the compromises we make...
  • bandwidthbandit
    So I weighed in this morning a day early. I am down to 256. Another 3 lbs. bites the dust. 47 lbs. so far and I am so psyched!! I will be travelling for work through the weekend, so I will be left to piece together a decent meal where/when I can. I am better prepared that last go round, for sure.
  • dkayingram
    WOW that is amazing results!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    "Another 3 pounds bites the dust" That could be a song!!! You're doing great :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Outstanding!!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Woo hoo!!!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Amazing Don. KUTGW
  • bandwidthbandit
    I am back in town as of yesterday, and weighed in this morning to see what the damage was from my week off the beaten OMAD path. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see I was exactly the same weight as before I left. There was quite a bit more planning than when I was out of town the last time, but I was not logging rigorously, nor was I attempting to adhere strictly to OMAD. If it worked out without too much of a headache, it was fine, but if not, I tried really hard not to sweat it.

What I did was make certain that when I was onsite, I was not eating garbage. I lightly mentally tracked overall consumption, and always had some fresh veggie sticks and a pack of my favorite oat bran pitas on hand for those 16 hour days. My big take-away from this past week has been that whether or not I am in strict adherence or just trying to maintain, my habits where food and eating are concerned have been changing. Still not good enough to trust myself totally unchecked. (Maybe never, but who knows?) What I do know is if I keep myself relatively vigilant, I think that maintenance may not be the boogeyman I have been making it out to be. (Not that I am anywhere close to maintenance...)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I am back in town as of yesterday, and weighed in this morning to see what the damage was from my week off the beaten OMAD path. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see I was exactly the same weight as before I left. There was quite a bit more planning than when I was out of town the last time, but I was not logging rigorously, nor was I attempting to adhere strictly to OMAD. If it worked out without too much of a headache, it was fine, but if not, I tried really hard not to sweat it.

What I did was make certain that when I was onsite, I was not eating garbage. I lightly mentally tracked overall consumption, and always had some fresh veggie sticks and a pack of my favorite oat bran pitas on hand for those 16 hour days. My big take-away from this past week has been that whether or not I am in strict adherence or just trying to maintain, my habits where food and eating are concerned have been changing. Still not good enough to trust myself totally unchecked. (Maybe never, but who knows?) What I do know is if I keep myself relatively vigilant, I think that maintenance may not be the boogeyman I have been making it out to be. (Not that I am anywhere close to maintenance...)

Doing OMAD brings with it a lot of discipline and changes in the way you approach eating even when not doing OMAD. You will and are picking up some good habits. Congrats! I'm within 3-lbs of my lowest weight (CW 196, lowest 193, starting 252) in the last 2.5-yrs so maint can be done!
  • bandwidthbandit
    Bob I know I am preaching to the choir, but I am truly excited! I have maintained this way of eating for almost twice as long as the next closest "diet" competitor. (I know after only four months that is a sad state of affairs.) I also realize this is only the beginning of a journey that will encompass the rest of my life. Reading through your journal as well as many others here in maintenance has given me the encouragement to recognize that I have it in my power to make a new and better way for myself. One that doesn't leave me feeling deprived and disheartened. You all are inspirational!

j7xe8x8uxsy2.jpg
    Tonight's OMAD:
    Chicken Salad Honey Wheat Wraps (I used some yogurt and dill,) roasted parsley potatoes, and sauteed asparagus. Who can not be satisfied with this stuff?
  • Brendalea69
    You'll be just fine with maintenance...Learn from me because I was trying different plans when all along I should have just stuck to OMAD...The good thing about maintenance is that you don't have to have as many OMAD days as you do when you're in losing mode:)
  • bandwidthbandit
    Thought I'd throw up (bad choice of words there, eh?) last night's meal as well:
    57wankiuzfjd.jpg
    Tuna medallions (taco style,) homemade salsa, and a nice salad with my favorite dressing from Bolthouse Farms. (There was a whole avacado in the fish tacos as devoured as well...)

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2018
    Your doing great and thanks for the nice words. Brenda is a very good example. It can be done (maintenance)! I only tried dieting once before discovering fasting and that was eat a big breakfast, only eat fruit tell dinner then eat a modest dinner. I would get crazy hungry on that (once I eat, I like to keep eating) and it worked for a few months then I had gout and then a basketball acl injury and because I got very hungry on that plan, I gained it all back and then some (mostly from going back to old habits of eating junk to keep me feeling well at work). Now in my maintenance, I've toyed with a couple of days of Omad a week like Brenda does or I do 2mad and eat a low carb salad/meat type lunch and I've had great success keeping the weight from climbing back up doing that. Keep on going and you will get there and stay there!
  • Brendalea69
    You'll be just fine with maintenance...Learn from me because I was trying different plans when all along I should have just stuck to OMAD...The good thing about maintenance is that you don't have to have as many OMAD days as you do when you're in losing mode:)

Oh and those Chicken Salad Honey Wheat Wraps look so yummy :)
  • dkayingram
    Don,
    That is amazing on your plan and having a change in mindset. I think once you "flip that switch" in your mind and try not to over think things, it makes it a lot less stressful! You are doing great!
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    It all looks fab, well done!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Just read your journal from the beginning - congratulations - you are doing so awesome!