I'm not hungry, I'm just bored!! - Our first challenge (Week 1)

cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Have you ever found yourself at the pantry or refrigerator door just browsing? Is it really hunger or just boredom? The challenge for this week is to do one of the following when you get bored and are heading for food:

10 jumping jacks
OR

10 squats
OR

Drink an extra glass of water.

Keep track and report back at next week’s weigh-in.

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    I am just seeing this. So I have made it a point to start drinking more water. I purchased 5 big bottles of Essentia from Albertsons and I am supposed to be drinking two a day. Hasn't happened yet though. I realize that I am SO THIRSTY often times when I think I am hungry because literally I can go a day or two without drinking anything besides my daily cup of coffee. Last summer, or maybe it was sometime during the fall, my dehydration had gotten so bad a developed a SEVERE case of chapped lips and had to go see a doctor. For the record, I did do jumping jacks and squats this morning as part of my workout :D
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I just saw this, too, but we share a brain. I have a hard time avoiding snacking when I get home from work and prep supper. So this week, I’ve tried to have a cup of tea as I putter in the kitchen (instead of eating 200calories worth of cashews).

This is a great challenge. Thanks.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Yesterday I was crazy hungry! I was out running errands between meetings and almost stopped at a drive through. I managed to restrain myself until I got to my destination and bought a stick of string cheese and a bottle of water at the cafeteria. I’m calling that a win. But by the time I got home I was starving again. Good news, my water intake is up. Lol. I think it’s just too many carbs and not enough protein so my food isn’t sticking with me. I’m going to adjust my protein up and see if that fixes it. I should also be doing squats as my boredom response since more water is relatively easy. Only called it boredom once so far this week. Yesterday seemed like genuine hunger.
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Mine tends to be evening so if I don't have any calories left I usually make a nice cup of tea. Extra fluids and filling.

I'll add jumping jacks to my cup of tea. :)
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    I'm just seeing this now as I didn't check Discussion this week. Can you please put the challenge in the Announcements section?
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Arthritis in hip so no squats or jumping jacks. Kept water bottle close by me.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    I'm late to this as well. I have not had this issue since I changed my eating times from noon to 8 pm. I know when I can eat and don't even think about it until then. Once I have my lunch I stay very satiated until dinner. :smile: