Been good all week!

Options
I have been good all week and put on 2 pounds! Need motivation to keep me at it!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Motivation means "what you want". People who want to lose weight, eat less (and move more); people who want to gain weight, eat more (and move less). Weight management is part maths/physics, part mind. But eating is not a moral issue.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Invest in a food scale if you don't have one already. You're probably eating more than you think! I've been doing good for two weeks and I'm down 1.5lbs. It's a small amount but it's a decrease nonetheless! Good luck :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »
    Invest in a food scale if you don't have one already. You're probably eating more than you think! I've been doing good for two weeks and I'm down 1.5lbs. It's a small amount but it's a decrease nonetheless! Good luck :)

While a food scale is almost always a good idea, one week isn't enough time to say the OP is overeating. She could have easily gained the two pounds from having a meal higher in sodium or carbs than normal, hormones related to her menstrual cycle, beginning or increasing her exercise program, stress, etc.
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »

While a food scale is almost always a good idea, one week isn't enough time to say the OP is overeating. She could have easily gained the two pounds from having a meal higher in sodium or carbs than normal, hormones related to her menstrual cycle, beginning or increasing her exercise program, stress, etc.

Very true. Just a suggestion!
  • carlywilkins14
    carlywilkins14 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I eat everything out of a packet to ensure the calories are right. I have a ready made salad everyday for dinner. I lost 12.5 pounds. I was excited to get on the scale to see that I'd reached a stone. But had put on 2llbs! Today I weighed again hoping it was water and I've put on another 1/2lb. I don't think I'm due my period so I'm a little fed up. I will keep at it. I think I was just excited to hit a mini target. I promised my self a new dress when I get there lol.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you’ll have a woosh soon. While they are frustrating at first (especially if you’ve never experienced one) it is nice to finally see the big loss on the scale. Be patient (i know easier said than done) the scale will go back down.
  • carlywilkins14
    Options
    Hi thank you, I just googled woosh ! Now I am determined to keep at it. You are brilliant x
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Do you wear rings? I was super excited to (hopefully) break into the 150s this morning, but knew as soon as I woke up that it wouldn't be happening today because for whatever reason I am retaining more water today, as evidenced by my engagement ring being tighter than usual. Sure enough, my weight is up today instead of down. I know it will pass in a day or two, though, so I'm drinking water like crazy today and hoping for a nice "whoosh" tomorrow.

Obviously wearing rings is not the answer to any weight loss question, but I kind of like that, for me at least, it can sometimes offer an explanation for why that scale went up.
  • carlywilkins14
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't but I got my woosh! This morning I was 3lbs lighter. Normally when the scale stays the same I give up and put more on than I started at! This time I really want this to be a long term thing. I am finding the community a great help. Also buying prepared food helps me to calculate calories correctly and stops me thinking about food because I know what I'm having already.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I eat everything out of a packet to ensure the calories are right. I have a ready made salad everyday for dinner. I lost 12.5 pounds. I was excited to get on the scale to see that I'd reached a stone. But had put on 2llbs! Today I weighed again hoping it was water and I've put on another 1/2lb. I don't think I'm due my period so I'm a little fed up. I will keep at it. I think I was just excited to hit a mini target. I promised my self a new dress when I get there lol.

packaged food can be off by up to 20% per serving so you could be eating more than you think. its very easy to do. I learned that the hard way.same way with a ready made salad, if you dont make it you dont know how much of each is in it. and then you have to count the dressing you put on top.
  • carlywilkins14
    Options
    So what happens after a woosh am I going to be stuck for a long time again?
  • carlywilkins14
    Options

packaged food can be off by up to 20% per serving so you could be eating more than you think. its very easy to do. I learned that the hard way.same way with a ready made salad, if you dont make it you dont know how much of each is in it. and then you have to count the dressing you put on top.

Oh no. I thought I was on to a sure thing!