Wishing it would all come off

So far I've lost 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. I have moments of wanting to eat whatever I want, but then I keep telling myself I've been unhappy with my weight so I have to keep focused. Over all I'm doing good..

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Unfortunately, wishing won't do it. In order to lose weight, you need an overall calorie deficit for a long time. In order to maintain, you need an overall calorie balance over time.

Patience and persistence will get you there.

Are you struggling with how you are eating to lose weight? You want at least enough protein, fat, and micronutrients in your way of eating but how you get there is up to you. Experiment to find a comfortable way of eating at a deficit. You don't have to change everything to lose weight. You can eat the way you like to eat but with smaller portions and/or satisfying substitutions.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Wishing won't make it so.... Too many people want the weight off fast, and that's worrying because it leads to failure. As seska said above, you need patience to do this and be successful. Your choice to go with meal replacement, but you'll find that the successful people on here don't like it. Why? Because it doesn't teach you portion control which you need to learn longterm. Otherwise, you'll just pack on the weight again. You can do what you want, and I wish you luck.
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    I understand your frustration. Why can't this be done already. Tired of waiting. Tired of the ups and downs. Why can't the body sense your determination and just let go of the weight simply based on how you feel. But, like everyone has said, we have to be patient and wait it out and be consistent. But gee whiz, I want it done already! I want to be one of those on the success stories board. Been there, lost that. I want to post on the maintenance boards, dang gummit. Many feel as you do. Hang in there.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Think of how long it took you to gain the weight. That might help put it in perspective. 6lbs in 2 weeks is actually quite a lot. Congratulate yourself on that and keep it up. You can do it and you deserve to feel your best.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    I’m 6 weeks in and I’ve lost 10lbs so far and I’m happy with that, the weight didn’t go on overnight so I know it’s going to take a while to shift it. I’m telling myself that 10 weeks from now I should be down another 10lbs and by Christmas I will hopefully not be too far from my goal weight. It would be nice though if we could just wish the weight away but at least doing it this way you’re changing your lifestyle and hopefully learning how to avoid putting it back on again.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Good attitude @kelMee2 and congrats on the 10. The fastest way to failure for me has always been trying to go too hard too fast. My main other pitfall is food boredom. I have addressed that issue in this go-around and I am feeling pretty jazzed.
  • mariaageexox
    mariaageexox Posts: 16 Member
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    I’m 6 weeks in and I’ve lost 10lbs so far and I’m happy with that, the weight didn’t go on overnight so I know it’s going to take a while to shift it. I’m telling myself that 10 weeks from now I should be down another 10lbs and by Christmas I will hopefully not be too far from my goal weight. It would be nice though if we could just wish the weight away but at least doing it this way you’re changing your lifestyle and hopefully learning how to avoid putting it back on again.

That's awesome!!! Ten pounds good job!