Website for Nutrition Breakdown/Help?

Liamsm0m
Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
I am making a turkey kielbasa chili tonight using this product. Label says 2oz is a serving but recipe calls for 2 whole links of this kielbasa. (Makes a lot)
The original recipe does not have nutrition breakdown. How can I tell what a serving of the combined ingredients might be? Or for other recipes in the future?

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    USe the MFP recipe builder
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    And you decide how many servings any recipe will yield - how many calories do you want one serving to be? Or set number of servings=grams, and log the number of grams you serve yourself.
  • Liamsm0m
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    USe the MFP recipe builder

I’m new here. Had no idea this existed. Thank you!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited April 2018
    Since entries in the food database here are often incorrect. you may want to check entries in your recipe against this database if they are items that you can't scan, like meat or produce:
    https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

Sometimes when I am building a recipe I search for an ingredient by the USDA UPC number and often someone as has already entered it - easy to check for accuracy, also. I mostly only bother with the higher calorie items like meat.
  • Liamsm0m
    Thank you. I noticed quite a bit was incorrect so I did verify and correct each ingredient. :)