Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Congratulations! The 170's are in your view.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I am so ready for the 170s I can't stand it!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Donna you're doing great :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Donna,

Going low carb does help with controlling the appetite but it also has to be adapted to the individual. I have a very hard time going low carb and will have a major carb binge if I try it too long. I do best just not eating much sugary stuff (I allow beans, whole grains, fruit, milk) but even that I don't completely cut out. That works best for me. Some folks have been able to be very low carb for extended periods and that has worked for them. Just see how you do and I think it is important for anything we try that it doesn't have to be all in or out. We can experiment and find out what works best for us. Good luck!
  • dkayingram
    Bob - great advice. I just don't think I can cut it out all together. My goal with LC is to have a few nights per week as my OMAD meal to be lower carb than normal. I think that will work best for me. I just love my carbs too much, and if I feel I am not getting them I for sure will binge!

Here's to a great week everyone!
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Well done, you are doing great!
  • dkayingram
    Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing great. I had a slip up yesterday, involving ice cream :). It was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's and I totally screwed up my fast around 2pm and gave it. The salted caramel blonde brownie cone was totally worth it though. Just hope I feel that way come weigh in day.

I was back on track with dinner, a small sirloin, green beans, and mushrooms/onions. Hopefully the cone didn't do too much damage.

Have a good day! Finally gonna warm up here, maybe 80's by Friday! Totally nice especially on nights we are at the ball field for my youngest son, so tired of wrapping up in blankets to stay warm!

Stay strong!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Oh man, I forget about free cone day every year! I really love the different flavor combos they create. I will look forward to an occasional cup in maintenance :p
    Good for you for getting back on track right away! One cone couldn’t have done any real damage beyond maybe some water weight (unless it was a quadruple scoop, which I am sure they don’t give away for free!).
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I have a frozen yogurt cone once or twice a week. Well... heck I have a dessert almost every night. (not lately on my 500 cal nights though) Finding your groove is the main goal. You have this. Just stay the course, no one can always be perfect and still enjoy life.
  • dkayingram
    Thanks @sammygold2015 @brittdee88

I am pretty sure it was a single cone or kid's cone not too big at all and man was it good!

I have been on the sfree jello kick at night that has done well with my sweet tooth unless it is a baseball night, and my guilty pleasure is a blow pop. For two reasons, they are good, and it also helps me keep my mouth shut especially if my son is pitching :).

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I haven't had a blow pop in ages! Sweet nostalgia <3
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Me either! Love the watermelon flavor.

@dkayingram at least you didn't go crazy with the size. Ice cream is my weakness. I never could have just a little.
  • dkayingram
    I must say I am proud of myself. My son wanted Sonic last night after his baseball game. I was so tempted by all of the ice cream, shakes, etc. But I was really good I got a diet cherry slush and was perfectly happy! OMAD for the win :)!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    I hope so. Being a southern girl it is so hard to resist all the goodness of food, but with just having one meal to focus on it has been a lot less stressful than I thought it would. I will say today I have had tummy rumbles, but I am just filling myself up with water to stay full and not think about it!!!

Oh yeah, I'm from Alabama, fully understand. Mercy, I love some fried food! :p
    My family used food to cope and I'm determined to break that cycle.

One of my meals this week was a hamburger steak with grilled onions and peppers, fried okra and black eyed peas with chow chow. It was awesome. Oh and hot sauce, gotta have hot sauce. The meal was southern and it fit the plan. Was also below 1000 calories. Drank my green smoothie, had a fabulous sleep and felt great in the morning! 1300-1400 calorie day and I was able to satisfy that need for fried food.

By the way, you are going to do fine. Southerners can fight this battle as well!

I'm just staying away from sweets at the moment.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I must say I am proud of myself. My son wanted Sonic last night after his baseball game. I was so tempted by all of the ice cream, shakes, etc. But I was really good I got a diet cherry slush and was perfectly happy! OMAD for the win :)!

Good self control!!! :)
  • dkayingram
    I hope so. Being a southern girl it is so hard to resist all the goodness of food, but with just having one meal to focus on it has been a lot less stressful than I thought it would. I will say today I have had tummy rumbles, but I am just filling myself up with water to stay full and not think about it!!!

One of my meals this week was a hamburger steak with grilled onions and peppers, fried okra and black eyed peas with chow chow. It was awesome. Oh and hot sauce, gotta have hot sauce. The meal was southern and it fit the plan. Was also below 1000 calories. Drank my green smoothie, had a fabulous sleep and felt great in the morning! 1300-1400 calorie day and I was able to satisfy that need for fried food.

By the way, you are going to do fine. Southerners can fight this battle as well!

I totally agree! The beauty of OMAD is the one meal, no stressing about anything being off limits! I am not good when I try to restrict, for example carbs. It makes me want them even more! I do want to try to carbquick baking mix that Brenda mentioned.

I am trying to limit my sweets, that is a down fall. Sugar free jello has worked well for that.

Hot sauce and chow, should totally be a food group :)
  • EstrangedTiger

I totally agree! The beauty of OMAD is the one meal, no stressing about anything being off limits! I am not good when I try to restrict, for example carbs. It makes me want them even more! I do want to try to carbquick baking mix that Brenda mentioned.

I am trying to limit my sweets, that is a down fall. Sugar free jello has worked well for that.

Hot sauce and chow, should totally be a food group :)

I understand. Keto/low card is only possible for me for a limited time (without some awesome substitutes). This "new" method is the key to staying on track, when I need a break. My goal right now is trying to limit the empty calories, just for the sake of nutrition. Lots of higher carb foods do have nutritional benefit. Definitely, I'm going to order some Carbquik and attempt some okra and fish frying!

Yeah, I like your idea for a new food group: Southern condiments!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    :) I love slushes! Sonic is my drink stop everyday. Most of the time is just for water or unsweet tea.
  • EstrangedTiger
    :) I love slushes! Sonic is my drink stop everyday. Most of the time is just for water or unsweet tea.

Their new Fizz products can be low calorie and taste great.

Two of them are 5 calories for a large size!

Mango/Lime and Raspberry Lemon

• dkayingram
    I saw those last night after I got my slush, I will certainly give them a try as well!