C section mom's?

Hi everyone! I just had my 2nd section on February 20th. I got the green light to start working out again today. What are some easier workouts to start out with? Has anyone had success in getting rid of the c section pouch? My main concern is that little pouch above my incision. I'd also really like to focus on my thighs and butt area. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    24 years out from my first c-section and 18 years out from my second. I still have the pouch. It has never gone away, no matter how thin I get. Some people can get rid of theirs. I think it all comes down to genetics.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    13 years from my CSection and while I don’t have the pouch I can’t do a sit up, or V up. I can’t feel the connection to the abs that activate those moves. It’s really weird, but a calorie deficit has made the area much flatter.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    20 years out from my first C-section (I had two) and I still have the pouch. I do sit-ups, v ups, pilates 100s, and Nautilus abdominal machines so the muscles are strong and toned, but I still have a little belly. Oh well--two healthy sons were well worth the sacrifice of my 6 pack. If this makes you feel any better, every mom I knew who had a flat stomach post C-section told me that their real secret to getting rid of the pouch was a tummy tuck.
  • mblundell2
    mblundell2 Posts: 75 Member
    24 years after 2nd c-section still have the pouch. Even when I was down to 113 lbs. I still had the pouch. It's a rock underneath though. Just work on that and be proud of your battle scares. You are woman and you created life!
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Had 2 c sections...my last was 4 1/2 years ago...no matter how much weight I lose or how hard I work out i can't get rid of my pouch & you could basically pinch me as hard as you wanted & I can't really feel anything there. :D
  • catherineroberts87
    catherineroberts87 Posts: 27 Member
    Had a c section nearly 4 years ago, last year I really focused on my fitness so did a lot of sit-ups, leg lifts, planks and general cardio and that seemed to help a lot but it didn’t get rid of it completely. Maybe if I’d have carried on doing the ab work outs it would be fine by now who knows. But I think it is possible:)
  • cookster82
    cookster82 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm 3 years out from my second C-section. I still have about 20 lbs to go and the pouch is still going strong. :( Sorry I can't be of any help...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I am not concerned about the “pouch”. It’s still there after 2 years and its not bothering me. Did your doctor give you any suggestions or guidelines? I would be worried about lifting heavy for being only 2 months out but I am a little paranoid. I’d be afraid of my guts falling out ha! Kinda ridiculous.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    I'm 9 years out from my c section. I still have a pooch, I've been told by many that sometimes they are impossible to go away without surgery. I'm at the lower end of a healthy weight for my height and I have an ideal body fat percentage and still have the pooch.