Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• tonithewriter
    tonithewriter Posts: 28 Member
    Hello! I was on MFP some years ago and met a great group of accountability gals. We lost touch and my weight is back up. Life was too stressful and busy to take care of me. I’m ready to do this and looking for support and accountability. SW 219. GW 155 looking forward to getting started.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi everyone! My name is Hannah and I live in Austin, TX. I am just joining this group because I think a weekly weigh in and smaller group will be helpful.
    Over the course of last year I lost about 25lbs but have gained 10 back between Thanksgving and now. I currently have about 35ish pounds to lose and am very ready to get back into a better mindelset to make it possible.
  • stac3wa
    stac3wa Posts: 38 Member
    Is this still open to join? :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    stac3wa wrote: »
    Is this still open to join? :)

Yes just read through the info at the front of this thread.
  • stac3wa
    stac3wa Posts: 38 Member
    Have done :)
    Hi. Im Stacey. 30 from the UK.
    SW&CW:186lbs - GW: 130ish!
    I’m aiming to start IVF treatment as soon as I hit a BMI range the Drs are happy with. I suffer with PCOS too. I found a new love for weight lifting which I’m still new too.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    I’m Julie from Pennsylvania. I’m 5’7” and 49 years old and holding...

SW: 241
    CW: 201.8
    GW: 160
    LW: 203.2
    TW: 201.8

I gained 0.2 lb last week from all the food I ate around Easter. Now back on track! My short term goal is to be under 200 lbs again and I’m almost there!
  • clairehardy77
    clairehardy77 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi I'm Claire. I've been trying to get weight off for as long as I can remember. It used to just be a few lbs but over the years and one son (now 4 yrs) later that little bit has become a little bit more and I'm now the heaviest i've ever been (except when pregnant). I generally eat healthily (although snacks can be my downfall at times)and pretty active both fitness wise and in everyday life. I took up running 2 yrs ago and last October I did my first full marathon. I was training for my next in May in Edinburgh (home city although now live in North East England) but I injured my knee (tight IT band) and unfortunately had to withdraw. A reduction in exercise but same huge appetite put on more weight and I decided I had to take action. I heard about MFP on a running Fb page and thought it was worth a try using slimming world recipes. I'm hoping recording my food intake might stop me snacking and reduce my portion sizes (although I must admit I am feeling it difficult to keep to the daily kcals and hungry even with extra allowed for exercise and steps). I'm trying to keep as active as possible without straining my knee and have been swimming/at the gym/doing yoga/on short and steady runs. My target weight has always been 60kg (132lbs), currently 68.4kg (151lbs) when I was younger I always hovered around 63kg (139lbs) and could never shift that half a stone...maybe now is my time? Xxx
  • clairehardy77
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Jackie from York in the UK. I've gained steadily for years but lost 6 stone about 10 years ago and felt great. Then there was a pregnancy, 2 redundancies and a divorce which resulted in it all going back on and more.
    I've lost 28lb in the last 15 months and would like to lose another 65 so her to make my dreams come true....
    My aim is for another 28lb this year, I want to lose it slowly a result of a life-style change so that it really does stay off this time - I've no plans for a baby (too old), or a divorce (recently married) and if I get made redundant then so what lol.

Hi Jackie, i'm new on here (introduced myself elsewhere on here), just having I nosy though the stories and noticed you are from York, I live in Darlington! (originally from near Edinburgh). Just wanted to say hello xx
  • tinkerbellang83
    Hi everyone, I'm Jackie from York in the UK. I've gained steadily for years but lost 6 stone about 10 years ago and felt great. Then there was a pregnancy, 2 redundancies and a divorce which resulted in it all going back on and more.
    I've lost 28lb in the last 15 months and would like to lose another 65 so her to make my dreams come true....
    My aim is for another 28lb this year, I want to lose it slowly a result of a life-style change so that it really does stay off this time - I've no plans for a baby (too old), or a divorce (recently married) and if I get made redundant then so what lol.

Hi Jackie, i'm new on here (introduced myself elsewhere on here), just having I nosy though the stories and noticed you are from York, I live in Darlington! (originally from near Edinburgh). Just wanted to say hello xx

@clairehardy77 I'm originally from Durham ☺
  • clairehardy77

@clairehardy77 I'm originally from Durham ☺

Never!! It's a small world!! Xxx
  • clairehardy77
    Any idea why it won't let me bookmark the next few weeks of weigh ins? Saying I need permission for this week onwards xx
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited April 2018
    Any idea why it won't let me bookmark the next few weeks of weigh ins? Saying I need permission for this week onwards xx

No idea, not had that come up before, there have been a lot of glitches on the site lately. Another user has logged a complaint in the Helpdesk for a different group, but as yet no response from tech team https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/questions/17328663-can-t-favorite-or-star-community-group-threads?new=17328663
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi I'm Renée.... Single Mom I've had 5 kids

44 Years old
    5'3
    CW 137 lbs
    GW is 120 LBS

I've lost over 30lbs in total within the last couple of years.

• AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    I was keeping track here until last fall but then got sick, had surgery, and just didn't quite care about the scale. I did manage to keep up working out through most of the winter but did put on a couple pounds. I'm back now to calorie counting as that seems to be the best way for me to lose weight but it's just such a pain. I do think some of the weight I put on is muscle. I've been lifting a lot.

Back at it! I'd like to lose 15 pounds but I'm not sure. I will have to see how I look and feel. That would put my goal weight at 140.
  • tinkerbellang83
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    I was keeping track here until last fall but then got sick, had surgery, and just didn't quite care about the scale. I did manage to keep up working out through most of the winter but did put on a couple pounds. I'm back now to calorie counting as that seems to be the best way for me to lose weight but it's just such a pain. I do think some of the weight I put on is muscle. I've been lifting a lot.

Back at it! I'd like to lose 15 pounds but I'm not sure. I will have to see how I look and feel. That would put my goal weight at 140.

Welcome back!
  • wecoop
    wecoop Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Wendy. I'm 61 years old and am at 210. I've been down to 153 with a trainer several years ago, but when I lost my job, I couldn't afford to go. I have high cholesterol and need to lose weight -- I'd like to get down to 150 again. I don't want to spend the money on a trainer again, so I am hoping that an accountability group will help!
  • tinkerbellang83
    wecoop wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Wendy. I'm 61 years old and am at 210. I've been down to 153 with a trainer several years ago, but when I lost my job, I couldn't afford to go. I have high cholesterol and need to lose weight -- I'd like to get down to 150 again. I don't want to spend the money on a trainer again, so I am hoping that an accountability group will help!

Welcome Wendy, the good news is you don't need the trainer, you just need a moderate calorie deficit, so log accurately, choose a sustainable way of eating that you can continue to do into maintenance and you'll do just fine!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Hi, I'm Katia. I'm new to this group. I'm 38, 5'4 Sw on 4/20/18 198 lbs, CW 192 lbs. I'm looking to lose 65 lbs. This is a great idea. Thanks creator! Feel free to add me.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi everyone !
    I'm Mélisande, Milly for short, I'm a busy mum of two, from France but living in Ireland.
    I started my journey this time last year at a SW of 166 after taking my first progress pic and getting a scare. I joined MFP in November after stalling for months at 157.4.
    Now May again and my CW is 131.6
    I passed my original goal already which was 132 and have switched to maintenance a while ago. I do cycle a lot though so my weight is still going down. I'm aiming for 125 now.
  • kimfield99
    kimfield99 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi everyone, I am Kim and am, after five years, finally committing to loosing the pregnancy (and poor choices in the years that followed) weight. I am setting small goals so I can keep my self motivated - I have started and stopped this journey several times and need to have more accountability and am hopeful that posting here will provide that.
    SW: 174.6 lbs.
    Short Term GW (by December 2018): 162.0 lbs
    Long Term GW: 145.0 lbs.