Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    When “Dirty Dancing” came out, I was the only one among my friends that was allowed to watch it. I thought I was so cool!! I was seven... :D

This cracked me up because I too was the ONLY one of my friends allowed to watch Dirty Dancing, but I was 11!

About a year ago one of my former classmates told me that she was never allowed to come back to my house for a sleepover after my mom let us watch both Dirty Dancing and Porky's Revenge. LOL

I also had (and loved) Fashion Plates.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    g28npxmb4anz.gif

My supervisor still has this on his screen.... I snicker every time.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    So I was at Walmart the other day, and saw they were selling Tomagatchi's. Just as they used to be too. No extra stuff added in. I was half tempted to buy one for nostalgia's sake. So I can bring to life, and forget to feed it and let it die sick and starving, over and over again... :lol:
    A few more 90's goodies worth mentioning:

Scrunchies- in every color to match every outfit. Bonus points if you had a high pony tail and big bangs.

Spandex biker shorts paired with an oversized T-shirt. T-shirt tied to the side with above mentioned scrunchie.

Spandex leggings. I know leggings have made a huge comeback. So I'll mention the ones with the heel strap that popped out of the back of your shoe if you didn't put your socks over them.

Butterfly clips- in all colors clipped all over your head. You were super cool if you got the ones with the moving wings.

When Street Lights first came out!

McDonald's Hot wheels and mini barbies. I had dozens of the barbies!

Furby!

Okay I'm done now... for the moment! lol.

• princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    So I was at Walmart the other day, and saw they were selling Tomagatchi's. Just as they used to be too. No extra stuff added in. I was half tempted to buy one for nostalgia's sake. So I can bring to life, and forget to feed it and let it die sick and starving, over and over again... :lol:
    A few more 90's goodies worth mentioning:

Scrunchies- in every color to match every outfit. Bonus points if you had a high pony tail and big bangs.

Spandex biker shorts paired with an oversized T-shirt. T-shirt tied to the side with above mentioned scrunchie.

Spandex leggings. I know leggings have made a huge comeback. So I'll mention the ones with the heel strap that popped out of the back of your shoe if you didn't put your socks over them.

Butterfly clips- in all colors clipped all over your head. You were super cool if you got the ones with the moving wings.

When Street Lights first came out!

McDonald's Hot wheels and mini barbies. I had dozens of the barbies!

Furby!

Okay I'm done now... for the moment! lol.

These made a tiny comeback. I've seen them at H&M!
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited April 2018
    @princess7955 The idea of wearing those today makes me shudder, lol. I was a tall skinny kid and they were the only thing that fit me. I thought they looked so dorky.

@Katiebear_81 That's what they were called!!! Also worn with those socks with all the lace and frills!

• seltzermint555
    Stirrup Pants! That's what we called the leggings with the heel loop. And we put scrunched up socks over top.

I loved stirrup pants! I have a pair of Capezio stirrup pants right now. *hides*

• princess7955
    My very bad perm.
  • Crafty_camper123
    My very bad perm.

I had one of those in Jr. High... I'm pretty sure that must have been a standard right of passage.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited April 2018
    The Wave Bangs:

zyvexz45oeyz.jpg

4z92gyuj5g6s.jpg

And the front rows:

y5y7pyzoisut.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    The wave bangs? Guilty. I am so happy I suddenly stopped wearing those about a year before most of my class so there is less photographic evidence.

Never did the "front rows" but that was epic. A friend of mine threw a huge 90's themed holiday party a couple years ago and she wore that EXACT hairstyle to the party, with iridescent butterfly clips securing it. And these shoes:

gfo04yprxwk0.jpg
  • RastaLousGirl
    Guilty of the wave bangs and front rows myself. I had so many different clips for the rolls. My last wave bangs was beginning of 9th grade.

I still wear Steve Madden's shoes. Just not like that any more:

d5eb2j70sp1s.jpg

• RastaLousGirl
    Still rock the docs too:

irvncj6bojdd.jpg

x2laf9yfqlx8.jpg

• seltzermint555
    Oh me too on Steve Madden, lots of cute current ankle boots.

I can't do Doc Martens though. I am old school, ordered them from England in 1990 with saved allowance & babysitting money. Old school 10-hole boots. I am horrified by the newer wave of Docs and by that I include anything after about 1993! haha (no offense of course, I just don't like them personally)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member

I can't do Doc Martens though. I am old school, ordered them from England in 1990 with saved allowance & babysitting money. Old school 10-hole boots. I am horrified by the newer wave of Docs and by that I include anything after about 1993! haha (no offense of course, I just don't like them personally)

My daughter has a new pair of Doc Martens. They're made out of clear plastic so you can see her crazy socks!

aoml8qwqv6l4.jpg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2018

High school boyfriend...

Super long mullet...

Bass player in a metal band...

Called “The Dagobah System”
  • RastaLousGirl

Lol. I loved docs in high school, those and Adidas Superstars. No offense taken.
  • princess7955
    High school Video dances!!!