Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    When I hit the 190's I knew I just could not let myself hit that 200 mark, also I was starting to burst out of ALL my clothes.
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    My Bub was born and I thought i do not want to be that fat dad who can not play with her or even worse be dead at 60 due to something i can control.
  • QueenieB76
    QueenieB76 Posts: 12 Member
    I've been trying off and on for the past few years to loose weight. Having children did not help, gained and lost, gained and lost. Never ending cycle.
    I've just gotten to the point where I have a ton of clothes in my closet but very little that fit me and look okay to wear! I wasn't buying bigger size clothes! Feeling so fat all the time, hate pictures, hate mirrors.
    Not to mention not being able to play and run with my kids. Getting winded after a few minutes and needing to sit and rest.
    I luckily decided to stop eating so much, cut back on carbs and fats the day before we went grocery shopping. So none of the fattening stuff has been in the house for weeks! I'm on a mission and I'm not stopping til I feel and look 100% better!
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2018
    Wearing this spare tire around my waist..ughhh, its such a downer. I feel like I have lost control of my belly. I don't have kids, but I look like I do. Oh, and I am built like my mother, and I dont want to be. :wink:

I'm in the same boat! Only my mother is still built like a brick **** house! I was too, before kids (I have 3 but they are grown now). Just want to get back to ME-without the "spare tire." I call it extra meat LOL. When it stopped me from wearing certain things and then doing certain things, and spilling into my life and affecting my confidence was when I knew it was time to really get serious about losing the weight and getting fit-being HEALTHIER.
  • chickpea75
    chickpea75 Posts: 3 Member
    when my wedding ring wouldn't come off even when i used soap in the shower
  • Elania21
    Elania21 Posts: 1 Member
    For me the pushing point was when I went to the doctor twice, about a month apart, and had gained almost 10 lbs in that short time. But even before that I was in the contemplation stage, because the stretch marks which had finally started to fade from last time are coming back. Because my pants are getting tight and I don't want to buy new ones. Because I can see that my face looks different in the mirror. Because I get winded way too easily.

The motivation has been building up for months, but the realization of how quickly I've been gaining really smacked me in the face.
  • anathystketo
    anathystketo Posts: 4 Member
    I quickly bought a 3x shirt without trying it on. When I went to put it on at home it was too tight.
    Now I wear a 1x at 20wks pregnant, plan to continue after pregnancy
  • thatonegirljessica
    thatonegirljessica Posts: 59 Member
    I was searching Amazon for a new bathing suit to wear to the beach this summer and realized I couldn't find one to cover my problem areas (my entire body
  • crumbliss2010
    crumbliss2010 Posts: 42 Member
    My feet were constantly hurting (waitress) couldn't walk while getting up in the middle of the night.. my nephew called me fat (hurted my feelings but I didn't tell him that).
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    I was worried about my health
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    I quit smoking and need to do something with my free time now.
  • BeautifulBrandy44
    BeautifulBrandy44 Posts: 6 Member
    The number 200 on the scale always kept me in check. Although 170-199 is not healthy, I was comfortable in my own skin. I am built curvy and carry weight well. I started my own business last year and went from a fast paced life to a sit watch netflix and eat fast food life waiting on customers. I put on 50lbs in a year! I feel like a beach ball with arms and legs sticking out! Not curvy at all. Worse my body feels horrible from all the fast food. I started clean eating and although I'm tired from sugar detox my body feels better. I even made a weight goal of 140 and I will get to it. I want to be healthy!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Bump
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    I was desirous of becoming a sexy *kitten* again. :D