What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    on a normal work day- Waffle, egg, cheese, mayo, soy milk. Iceberg lettuce, cheese, onions, ranch, rotisserie chicken. Broccoli, spray butter, fake chicken burger, chocolate almond milk. As a snack, peanut butter, triscuits, banana.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just ordered my groceries for the week. Got the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch to keep it frugal and easy.

Breakfast: cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter and banana, apple or orange
    Lunch: rice with pinto beans, salsa, chopped onions and bell peppers, side of peeled carrots
    Dinner (tomorrow): stir fry of whole wheat noodles, tofu, and broccoli
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: savoury porridge with cheese, pepper and a fried egg. Orange juice.
    Lunch: 2 quorn wraps with soft cheese, 40 grams tortilla chips, grapes
    Dinner: sweet potato topped with onions, mushrooms,peppers and Linda mccartney chorizo sausages in a spicy soft cheese sauce. ( Had this on Wednesday night, delicious!)
    Dessert: alpro dark chocolate dessert pot
  • danijane95
    danijane95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Decaf black coffee (fasting period)
    Lunch: Tofu, 0.5 cup quinoa, green beans and broccoli
    Afternoon snack: 2 clementines
    Dinner: Not exactly sure yet but probably a massive salad or oatmeal with added protein powder, depends how I feel after the gym!
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had:
    Breakfast: Black coffee and a Zone Perfect Bar
    Lunch: A big salad with mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes, vidallia onion and Walden Farms Chipolte Ranch dressing and 6 oz rotisserie chicken.
    Supper: A sandwich on a multigrain flatout flatbread with smoked turkey breast, laughing cow cheese, spicy guacamole, baby greens and Chipolte Ranch. I had a cup of low fat cottage cheese and some pickled beets with it.
    Snacks: A Bosc pear and some almonds.
    I went a little over the recommended calories, but still within the range I have set for myself.
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    B - cottage cheese & 1/2 banana
    L - was out and about and didn't eat lunch
    D - Costco rotisserie chicken + broccoli + green & yellow beans + butter + broccoli veggie tots (man, I'm loving these things!)
    Snacks - raspberries + tomato & cucumber with 2 T Opa yogurt dressing + 1/3 carton chocolate Halo Top
    Bevs - teas with 5% cream & sweetener + Fresca

This all sounds delicious! I may copy your meals for a day :)
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Millville fruit & cereal bar - apple cinnamon
    Lunch: taco salad (romaine, taco seasoned ground beef, salsa & sour cream) and 1 clementine
    Afternoon snack: celery sticks and Ken's Steakhouse Ranch for dipping
    Dinner: 4oz hamburger and bun with ketchup and pickles and roasted red skin potatoes
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese and yellow pepper, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and greek yogurt dressing, crackers and cheese and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt
    Dinner: Eating out at a restaurant that changes their menu frequently, so no idea yet
    Late Snack: Depends on what I have for dinner. Either nothing or Halo top
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Premiere protein in my coffee
    Lunch: Alfredo Zoodles, Ham, and a Cara Cara Orange
    Dinner: TBD
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: one and a half soft-boiled eggs, broccoli, strawberries, almond milk latte (I was weirdly not hungry).

Lunch: assuming I'll be ravenous after such a small breakfast, I'm planning to get a Reuben or panini from my favorite cafe -- side salad if they have them, if not I'll take it home and have a spinach salad with it there.

Dinner: having some friends over, so I'll just enjoy the charcuterie platter and many, many servings of sherbet champagne punch.

I'm going waaaaaay over my target calories today and I'm going to try to regret nothing.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    1. Chicken burrito bowl, apple
    2. Breakfast for dinner - Ham, egg and cheese sandwich, roasted broccoli, tater tots
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: big mug of tea
    Lunch: black bean soup & fried egg
    Dinner: cod cooked shakshuka style w rice

I can't imagine eating so little in a day

We have no idea how large the servings are. With adequate portion sizes, this could easily be a filling and satisfying day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Tofu curry with tomatoes and mustard greens, sweet potato biscuit

Lunch: Lentil curry with eggplant, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and spinach

Dinner: Salad with spinach, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and creamy ancho chile dressing

Snack: Almonds and walnuts
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Black coffee, Think Thin Brownie Crunch protein bar, black grapes

Lunch:Greek turkey burger (no bun), baked sweet potato fries, steamed veggies

Dinner: Gluten Free mushroom ravioli (I was so excited to find these at a local gourmet grocery. I hope they don't disappoint) with homemade vodka sauce

Snack: 4% Fage Greek yogurt with lemon curd, 2 Hershey's miniatures, maybe some Edy's French Silk ice cream

• Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    B- the best omelette ever (peppers, avocado, bacon, spinach) and a skim macchiato (sp?)
    L- salad with salmon
    D- salad with egg, lasagna
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 avocado on toast, 1 scrambled egg with pico de gallo, coffee
    Lunch: Morningstar chickpea burger patty, potatoes O'Brien & a bunch of broccoli slaw w/ a little French dressing
    Dinner: 1/2 large black bean quesadilla with sauteed zucchini & onions, sour cream & shredded lettuce.
    Later, went to a local shop for 2 scoops of freshly made ice cream, banana (really great) and a watermelon creme flavor (okay).
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    B - tuna with miracle whip on 1/2 flatout flatbread + 1/2 banana
    L - tuna with miracle whip on 1/2 flatout flatbread + apple
    D - stuffed pepper (1/2 pepper + XLean ground beef + mozzarella + rice + pasta sauce + sprinkle parm) - YUM
    Snacks - bites of some chicken + 1/2 cup CoolWay mint chip + 1/2 cup CoolWay coconut chocolate chip + 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with 1/2 banana
    Bevs - teas with 5% cream & sweetener + Fresca
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    B- macchiato and 1 egg w/ cheese in a small tortilla
    L- protein/banana/peanut butter smoothie, grilled chicken, grilled asparagus
    D- big ole spinach salad

I'm struggling with the switch to a macchiato... I miss the creaminess of a latte. The macro difference is about 30% less overall... seems worth it if I can start to love it. Though, it did take me a while to go from full fat milk to skim on the lattes. Fingers crossed!
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    B - 2 eggs + cheddar on 1/2 flatout flatbread and a banana
    Snack - All bran with almond milk + almonds (too many ... I roasted some this morning and sampled "some")
    L - romaine + tomato + green onions + baby cuke + Bolthouse Farms avocado ranch dressing
    D - 1/2 a stuffed pepper (homemade)
    Snack - Greek yogurt + maple extract & sweetener
    Bevs - teas with 5% cream & sweetener + Fresca + herbal tea
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I worked night shift last night so my calories started at midnight.

Early morning snack: Tangelo, granola bar.

Breakfast: Fair life milk and homemade banana bread.

Lunch: leftover homemade beef, broccoli, and white rice (small portion).

Dinner: Leftover homemade spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and spaghetti squash, mixed green salad with vinaigrette.

Snack: 200 g strawberries.

1425 calories.