Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    EmbarrassedComplexBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    The french Barbapapa cartoon ran from 1973-1977... I use to watch it originally on a 12" black and white tv with rabbit ears.

1hgqxdy8ltss.png
  • The french Barbapapa cartoon ran from 1973-1977... I use to watch it originally on a 12" black and white tv with rabbit ears.

1hgqxdy8ltss.png

I loved this!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited April 2018

kace_kay wrote: »
    I remember when we as children (Back in the olden times :joy: ) could play outside all day long, our parents had no clue where we were but never had to worry... and all we had to do is be home by dark!

I saw a video online about parents getting in trouble with the law for letting kids play outside unsupervised. Is this seriously real life now-a-days?

Sad how times have changed no? Unfortunately there do seem to be more dangers and threats to our Children these days. :(
    It's kinda sad how some Parents can so easily be charged with neglect when others are abusive to their children behind closed doors! :angry:
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    q2nj3iahtur9.jpg
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Back in the day when you only had loo roll to wipe your *kitten*. Since discovering baby wipes I'm doing handstands !

I actually remember when I was young my mum had this thing called the 'bot cloth' ok it was just a rag that she used to clean my *kitten*. My 17 year old half brother came to stay. One day i was pestering him as normal, I was stood outside the bathroom annoying him. Anyway he tells me to leave him alone, cos he's washing his face. I had to giggle to myself as I asked him....what cloth are you using? He said "the blue one" WELL .....my pleasure in telling him that's the 'bot cloth' that the whole family uses to clean themselves after, y'know.. Lol

psq8rd29eodb.jpg

I admit this is the first I've ever heard of a bot cloth. For a moment I thought I was lost and ended up in the "Is it just me?" thread.

I had no idea that a bot cloth was ever a thing.

Neither did my brother LOL

Tbh I think it was just something my mum invented before baby wipes. Genius.

But like.....wouldn't it have smelled bad? So wouldn't he have caught a whiff of butt when putting it up to his face to wash with it? Speaking of washing...How often did this thing get washed?
    I have so many questions.....
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Rat tail!!
    0c2l16p7b646.png

Dude at my gym still has one.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    cabbage-patch-kids-14-inch-blonde-girl-doll-rocker--86069D3C.zoom.jpg