Is there a way to share recipes with other myfitnesspal members ?

Options
atmasters
atmasters Posts: 14 Member
I was wondering if I make a personal recipe is there a way to send it to another member ? For example I make a meal and my wife wants to log it,is there a way to email or send the recipe to her ?

Replies

• atmasters
    atmasters Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you !!
  • Stan9908
    Stan9908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to the three lines at the top left hand corner. Open it and scroll down to the friends header. Send your partner a friend request which he will then accept. Now you have a direct link to each other. Go to your meal and open it. Press the share button in blue on the right hand side of the meal. Your partners link will appear. Press the link and and a pop-up will appear on your partners screen. It will have highlighted in blue at the bottom Save for later. Press and the meal is saved under meals in your partners My fitnesspal.
    Hope this helps.
  • krissywashington79
    krissywashington79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can share recipes. Once it’s created and logged. Click the 3 little dots on that meal and share it via text. They can then open it and log it.
  • KarenR5217
    KarenR5217 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dont see three dots - is this in the free app or one that you are paying for?
  • paulsford
    paulsford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has seen it in their infant wisdom to remove the iMessage feature making it impossible to effectively share meals and recipes with friends and family. Now my friends must copy, line-for-line my recipes. Huge waste of technology.
  • angvalenti
    angvalenti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can share a meal by using the share icon next to the meal name and post a “status update”. Then the person following you can go to your page and tap the recipe and save to their meals.
  • michaelctaylor7822
    michaelctaylor7822 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The OP asked how to share a "recipe", not a "meal". The two are distinctly different.

A recipe is something that is created to be eaten.

I am currently running the latest Android version of the free app and there is no way to share a Recipe.
    That lacking feature is either extremely short sighted or an intentional act... the latter being very disappointing to say the least.

If a meal (food entry) is shared but the recipient of that meal has no idea how to create that meal, it's utterly worthless.

My wife and I spent 2 hours creating a recipe where I logged every ingredient and created it on my device under my account.

I intended to share that recipe with friends and family. I can only share the meal with her because she knows the ingredients, and we must be friends to do so. Any other real life friend or family cannot benefit from this ability because I cannot share the recipe via my fitness myfitnesspal.

If this is incorrect, explain very clearly how to do so, including app version. I have read approx a dozen help files and forum posts. None are correct as of May 2021.
  • Absheehan1
    Absheehan1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s been awhile since someone asked about sharing a recipe on MFP. I am disappointed that I cannot do this. It would be nice to create a recipe and then hit a share button so I can send it to my husband. He could save it in his recipes and adjust the recipe to fit his proportions. Sometimes he needs more protein in a dish but not more of the other ingredients. He could easily do this in his own recipes. Seems crazy for both of us to have to import the recipe and start from scratch matching anything that doesn’t match correctly. I hope MFP will make this available. I would pay for Premium if this became a feature accessible to those at a priced level.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Absheehan1 wrote: »
    It’s been awhile since someone asked about sharing a recipe on MFP. I am disappointed that I cannot do this. It would be nice to create a recipe and then hit a share button so I can send it to my husband. He could save it in his recipes and adjust the recipe to fit his proportions. Sometimes he needs more protein in a dish but not more of the other ingredients. He could easily do this in his own recipes. Seems crazy for both of us to have to import the recipe and start from scratch matching anything that doesn’t match correctly. I hope MFP will make this available. I would pay for Premium if this became a feature accessible to those at a priced level.

You might get more traction is you start a thread about it in the Feature Suggestions and Ideas section of the forum - MFP staff aren't generally reviewing these threads for ideas, but they have set up a section which is apparently actively monitored.