need ubber help

anyone know of any great adominal excercises besides a crunch.
i wanna lose some inches in the adominal area but i cant do crunches they exhaust me ubber fast.

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    anyone know of any great adominal excercises besides a crunch.
    i wanna lose some inches in the adominal area but i cant do crunches they exhaust me ubber fast.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    So...something simple, that's an ab exercise, that does not wear you out so fast...

Maybe just suck in your tummy and hold it for 10 seconds. Do that a bunch. You can do it in the car as you drive too!!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    i like to just lay at an angle and lean back.
    and hold still for a count of 10, 20 or whatever i feel. just so it's difficult.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Lets see, there is a bunch...

Flutter kicks, lay falt on your back, hands under your bum and raise your feet with straight legs about 6 inches off the floor, then alternate raising one to about 20 inches, then dropping it to 6 and raising the other.

Hello Dollys- same setup but open your legs and then close them keeping them straight but off the floor.

Scissors- again same thing as hello dollys but when you close your legs cross one over the other, alternate.

Planks- get into a pushup position but instead of resting on your hands, rest on your forearms. Keep a straight line from your shoulders to your heels and hold that position for30 seconds, or a minute, whatever. Rest and repeat.

A little harder is the oblique plank, when you rise up on only one arm and face one side, with one foot on teh ground and the other on top of it. This works the sides of your abs, which helps alot.

Sit on a chair and lift and lift your legs up, hold that position and repeat.

that should be enough to get you started. No equipment needed and a smoking ab workout can be done in 10 minutes using a combo of those exercises...
  • akob237
    akob237 Posts: 7 Member
    Spot training is a myth; doing ab excercises will not help you lose inches in the mid section.. they'll help you tone up your abs under the midriff area, but that's where it stops. You could have rock solid abs but if you have the fat over them, it won't matter. People do tons of ab exercises thinking they'll lose the "pooch", per se, but it's only fat loss through weight loss that helps you to lose that. Not to say ab excercises aren't important... they're VERY important for increasing core muscle strength and limiting back problems. And, if you ever do get to a point where you have little fat over the mid-section (which, as a woman, is perhaps one of the hardest things to do), then you'll have the core to show off :)

A great ab excercise, regardless, is called the "dying bug" or "dead bug". If you go to www.thegreenbody.com, there's a great video of it. Also, another one is to get into a high push up position and do the running man, but cross left knee to right elbow and vice versa. Do about 15 each side, rest, repeat.
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    going to go try some of these great suggestions right now
  • ever heared of a bosu ball.