Ketogenic diet pals

Options
Hi I’m doing the ketogenic diet and looking for some pals to help me along.. for help and advice

Replies

• thebcraig6881
    thebcraig6881 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Easy way if getting your body in ketosis, is not focusing on getting it in ketosis. For example I am having a 1600 calorie deficit every day. (I am suppose to have 2700 cal intake to lose wieght however i dropped it lower than recommended to 2100 and I still usually have 300 to 800 caps remaining everyday. Along with deficit in calories I am committed to intermittent fast, which will help you achieve ketosis because you won't have time to open up the ol' gobber to shove food in as much. Just be sure not to over CARB on what you do eat, this is where tracking macro nutrients is important. Also you will know when you hit ketosis your breath gonna stink lol.
  • char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started keto/paleo on 3/2/18. Already lost 11 lbs...39 more to go. I don't know that I can give advice as I am new, too. But, I'll gladly encourage anyone trying to make themselves better through common sense approaches. Currently, I am doing something similar to @thebcraig6881. I eat less than my allotted calories, keep my carbs between 20-35g per day and fast from around 7pm til 9am daily (most days).

From what I've read, it can take 2-3 weeks to get into full ketosis. But, the urine strips I'm using show ketones now....so, at least I'm definitely on the way.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @ladipoet I have joined the group you linked and sent you a FR. Thank you!
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I’ve been keto for 4 years and keto without cheating for 1.5 years. Also Paleo for 8 years
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am Keto as well diary is open to friends feel free to add.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    char1iej wrote: »
    @ladipoet I have joined the group you linked and sent you a FR. Thank you!

No problem @char1iej...you are welcome!