Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I LOVE the title of your thread!!!!
    Looking forward to coming along on your journey!

Ha! Thank you!

Thought about including Mountain Dew and Golden Flake potato chips, but I fell flat!

• EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Day 4 (I won’t be giving daily updates for long!)

I’m working on a 2 hour feeding window today, meal was planned last night.

Smoothie: half n half, cocoa powder, stevia, kale, celery, coffee, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, chia seed, avocado, peanut butter, cinnamon and stevia. This tastes like a chocolate/coffee/pb shake! For dessert. Prepped and put in the refrigerator to have the ingredients blend further. 20oz or so.

Main meal: Tuna Steak with Montreal steak flavor, olive and butter. Asparagus with butter, garlic and olive oil.

I did well today, took a 20 minute walk and prepped my food. Eating 1 hour later. No cheating.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That sounds really good, I need to try a smoothie some time!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    That sounds really good, I need to try a smoothie some time!!!

Yes, they are good. No baking required!

I'm going into keto fudge and such next. Been seeing a Mason jar technique on YouTube. Dr Berg and his wife have some awesome recipes.

Really like experimental cooking. It's definitely a hobby.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow - that smoothie does sound delicious! I know what fudge you're talking about, and I also plan to make the mason jar ice cream, too! I just want to get to May before adding anything too sweet back in. After that, I definitely plan to make treats -- I plan to have LC/keto desserts as much as possible in maintenance!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Wow - that smoothie does sound delicious! I know what fudge you're talking about, and I also plan to make the mason jar ice cream, too! I just want to get to May before adding anything too sweet back in. After that, I definitely plan to make treats -- I plan to have LC/keto desserts as much as possible in maintenance!

I'm concerned about triggers, no doubt. Can also see your concerns.

Funny enough, I'm wanting sweets less from day to day.

My though processes is aiming towards parties, birthdays and holidays. Going to bring my own desserts, may only have a bite or two. A Mason Jar dessert should attract some attention!

I have a late wedding to attend next weekend, what a great setting for OMAD! Eating a large meal at a reception is sorta expected!

• brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Yep, my sweet tooth has pretty much diminished as well, but I baked weekly for years without fail and really miss it. Being able to get back to baking (I am also planning on single-serving treats with mason jars, ramekins, etc) is something to which I have looked forward this entire journey. Weekly LC treats will be nice, and there are so many cool recipes out there that I’d like to try.
    That totally makes sense about taking your treats with you! I think that is a great game plan. I am hoping to just be able to have whatever is there as long as it’s allergy-friendly. I have spent decades on one diet or another always having to turn down things when I’m out, and I just want a little slice of that “normal” to fit into my maintenance plan. To just have an occasional indulgence without completely freaking out about my weight would be amazing. I have no desire to abandon LC, but special occasions only come around a couple times a quarter for me, and it might be nice to finally just have what everyone else is having! Even if I don’t end up wanting it, I want the freedom.
    Have fun at the wedding! I love weddings!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Yep, my sweet tooth has pretty much diminished as well, but I baked weekly for years without fail and really miss it. Being able to get back to baking (I am also planning on single-serving treats with mason jars, ramekins, etc) is something to which I have looked forward this entire journey. Weekly LC treats will be nice, and there are so many cool recipes out there that I’d like to try.
    That totally makes sense about taking your treats with you! I think that is a great game plan. I am hoping to just be able to have whatever is there as long as it’s allergy-friendly. I have spent decades on one diet or another always having to turn down things when I’m out, and I just want a little slice of that “normal” to fit into my maintenance plan. To just have an occasional indulgence without completely freaking out about my weight would be amazing. I have no desire to abandon LC, but special occasions only come around a couple times a quarter for me, and it might be nice to finally just have what everyone else is having! Even if I don’t end up wanting it, I want the freedom.
    Have fun at the wedding! I love weddings!

Absolutely, I want that freedom as well, it’s part of the beauty of OMAD. Will be having wedding cake Saturday. Thanks, I plan on having fun instead of fearing the food. I’ll probably obstain from alcohol, studies indicate we tend to eat up to 20% more while drinking.

Food allergies are definitely an issue. My doctor (she is amazing, btw) suggested my vitamin deficiencies could be linked to gluten allergies inhibiting nutrient absorption. The anecdotal evidence seems to lean towards her being correct, because I did not add any supplements to test the theory and improved greatly. So, now, I’m adding various methods of supplementing D and B vitamins. In the past, they really had mediocre results. Let’s just say I’m in the middle of the normal range of vitamin D, as of Friday. Was falling off the bottom of the scale in December.

Yes, food allergies are a big deal and they are real. I have the occasional breaded fried food from time to time, but avoid it 99%.

I want to bring keto versions of holiday desserts, just to test people. Will totally be unannounced. I’ll eat their versions, as well! People are going to comment and ask about my weight loss, so I’ll have a tasty example!

BTW, I was raised by 3 fabulous women and listened to them overly criticize themselves concerning food, appearance, etc. You are doing well, don’t let social norms and peer pressure make you hestitant or miserable! I know our culture can be rough on ladies. Can tell you are a good soul.

This goes for all the ladies on this forum! Be happy with you!

Will be elated once baking and making desserts feels safe again, please share your creations!

You guys are really a blessing. I come here, knowing I need to be accountable. The support is unreal.

Joe has done a wonderful thing in creating his website, YouTube channel and forum.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Day 5: Smoothie with cocoa, half n half, 3 cups of a shredded cruciferous veggie mix, cinnamon, stevia, chia seeds and nutritional yeast. Digestive enzymes chewable for absorption.

Hamburger with grilled onions and smoked Gouda. Just cook the onions with the burger.

I have 500 calories left, so going to eat some Macadamia nuts and Almonds.

Will weigh in the morning.

Took a 20 minute walk before food shopping.
  • brittdee88
    I looooove a good gouda! I have been having havarti on my turkey burgers, but now I am thinking gouda might be the move for my next batch. Hope your weigh-in goes well!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Just catching up on your thread. Sounds like you have had a great weekend. The smoothies sound so elaborate I totally need to try them.

Good luck on your weigh in today! I bet you will see awesome results!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Feb 1 - 273 lbs

Feb 11 - 257.2 (a week juice cleanse and keto afterwards, I was obviously bloated in more way than one).

Feb 20 - 253

March 1 - 251.2

March 12 - 250

March 19 - 249

March 25 - 245.6

April 11 - 241

April 16 - 239.8

Total lost: 33.2 (1.2 lost since the last recording)

Good enough! Have been eating 50 carbs (minus fiber) or less a day since the 10th. Once again, I'm noticing enhanced muscle definition, endurance and strength when performing daily tasks (yard work, carrying in groceries, walking the neighborhood, etc). My sleep and mood is generally better on lower carb, while eating closer to bedtime, if possible.

I'm wondering if my goal weight of 180 will be too thin for my frame? Guess body fat % determine such. The growth hormone aspect of IF is obviously true.

BTW, I'm using the scale/blood pressure machine at the local Publix pharmacy. My Sunday/Monday morning routine is to shop when the doors open to avoid the crowd and walk in peace! My home scale is malfunctioning somehow, given the wild fluctuations on the same weigh in with new batteries. Tis 8 years old...

So, I'll go with Publix and my doctor's office at the moment, the pharmacy scale is consistent on multiple attempts.

Yes, I'm manipulating my results a bit, since the only weigh in sessions are performed according to having a strong feeling that weight has been lost.

Starting this week, weight measurements and BP will be taken on Mondays, sink or swim.

Part of my meal today will be two servings of tortilla chips and guacamole. A tiny reward, because crunchy and salty is in my mind!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    I looooove a good gouda! I have been having havarti on my turkey burgers, but now I am thinking gouda might be the move for my next batch. Hope your weigh-in goes well!

Gouda is a rather new experiment for me, but I do adore the texture and flavor! Thank you.
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Just catching up on your thread. Sounds like you have had a great weekend. The smoothies sound so elaborate I totally need to try them.

Good luck on your weigh in today! I bet you will see awesome results!

Yeah, I need to cut back on the complexity, tend to overthink it! They are good and definitely a decadent way to lose weight. My craving for all things chocolate and coffee is difficult to control, so I might as well turn them into a healthy alternative. These splenda drops from Trader Joe's are really good. Thank you!

• brittdee88
    Robert, you have made really good progress! I didn't notice how much you'd lost until looking at your last post! You should move that over to the progress thread!
    And I adore cheeses -- I think it's due to growing up for a few years in the Netherlands as an army brat.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Robert, you have made really good progress! I didn't notice how much you'd lost until looking at your last post! You should move that over to the progress thread!
    And I adore cheeses -- I think it's due to growing up for a few years in the Netherlands as an army brat.

Progress thread? Where, make my own, what? o:)

I do enjoy a variety of cheeses.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Totally doing great Robert! What a great way (weigh) to start a Monday :)!

OMG I agree with Britt, anything cheese is the best. The stinkier the better IMO. Blue, Feta, OMG I am starving now thinking of cheese!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Totally doing great Robert! What a great way (weigh) to start a Monday :)!

OMG I agree with Britt, anything cheese is the best. The stinkier the better IMO. Blue, Feta, OMG I am starving now thinking of cheese!!!

Good thinking, may have a Black n Bleu salad tonight w/ Blackened chicken. Right, prefer the cheeses with more bite. Thank you.

• brittdee88
    That salad sounds yummy!
    The progress thread is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10654082/omad-progress-thread
  • EstrangedTiger
    That salad sounds yummy!
    The progress thread is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10654082/omad-progress-thread

Ah hah!

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Feb 1 - 273 lbs

Feb 11 - 257.2 (a week juice cleanse and keto afterwards, I was obviously bloated in more way than one).

Feb 20 - 253

March 1 - 251.2

March 12 - 250

March 19 - 249

March 25 - 245.6

April 11 - 241

April 16 - 239.8

Total lost: 33.2 (1.2 lost since the last recording)

Good enough! Have been eating 50 carbs (minus fiber) or less a day since the 10th. Once again, I'm noticing enhanced muscle definition, endurance and strength when performing daily tasks (yard work, carrying in groceries, walking the neighborhood, etc). My sleep and mood is generally better on lower carb, while eating closer to bedtime, if possible.

I'm wondering if my goal weight of 180 will be too thin for my frame? Guess body fat % determine such. The growth hormone aspect of IF is obviously true.

BTW, I'm using the scale/blood pressure machine at the local Publix pharmacy. My Sunday/Monday morning routine is to shop when the doors open to avoid the crowd and walk in peace! My home scale is malfunctioning somehow, given the wild fluctuations on the same weigh in with new batteries. Tis 8 years old...

So, I'll go with Publix and my doctor's office at the moment, the pharmacy scale is consistent on multiple attempts.

Yes, I'm manipulating my results a bit, since the only weigh in sessions are performed according to having a strong feeling that weight has been lost.

Starting this week, weight measurements and BP will be taken on Mondays, sink or swim.

Part of my meal today will be two servings of tortilla chips and guacamole. A tiny reward, because crunchy and salty is in my mind!

Welcome to this forum and great job on your weight loss so far. The smoothies sound super yummy. Good luck this week!