What have I overlooked at the grocery store?

2»

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Do you go down the confectionery aisle? Always loads of good things appear there...
    This week, I added banana split M&m's, neopolitan M&m's, a block of "boost bar" chocolate, a block of "mega crunchie chocolate", starburst on sale, and some new flavours of sweets...

Banana split M&Ms? Me want. Well, maybe - it obviously can't have real banana flavor inside an M&M. But I definitely want to try that. Chocolate dipped banana slices are one of my favorite treats.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Do you go down the confectionery aisle? Always loads of good things appear there...
    This week, I added banana split M&m's, neopolitan M&m's, a block of "boost bar" chocolate, a block of "mega crunchie chocolate", starburst on sale, and some new flavours of sweets...

Banana split M&Ms? Me want. Well, maybe - it obviously can't have real banana flavor inside an M&M. But I definitely want to try that. Chocolate dipped banana slices are one of my favorite treats.

The bag has banana flavoured choc M&m's, vanilla ice cream flavoured M&m's, and normal choc M&m's.... Haven't tried them yet :)
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    When I want new things, I go to a different grocery store. It's a big bonus if they have a large international section. There are lots of interesting things like sauces (indian curry, thai curry, sweet and sour, enchilada sauce, pesto, tapenade) and seasonings that you could easily use with a different recipe.

You are so right. Now that I have a toddler I’ve stopped going to more then 1 market. I’ve got to start doing that more. I few African shops nearby!!!
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Bags of frozen mixed veggies (Asian snap pea mix is my fav)
    Red and yellow bell peppers in everything
    Black lentils
    Kimchee just to snack on
    Nori sheets and rice wine vinegar to make veggie sushi (avocado, celery, cucumber, carrot variations) oh don’t forget the wasabi (I use brown rice; it doesn’t stick as well)
    Dave’s killer bagels have lots of protein and taste amazing
    Pre washed, chopped kale.
    Sugar free, just fruit spreads on rice cakes
    Hot sauces! ❤️ the secret aardvark (from Portland OR) get it on Amazon

Best tip: buy a good nonstick Pan. I have one from TJ max it looks like stone. I use water to sauté and don’t use oil. Saves so many calories!!!

Are you from Portland? I am. Lol, we eat similar foods. I live the fruit spread on rice cakes idea. I also need more Kimchee in my life.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member

The bag has banana flavoured choc M&m's, vanilla ice cream flavoured M&m's, and normal choc M&m's.... Haven't tried them yet :)

Ah - then maybe it does have natural flavor. I was thinking it had those 3 flavors + maraschino cherry all in one M&M.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    See if your grocery store has any blood oranges. The rind is orange with a red blush and the fruit is a deep maroon. They taste like a cross between oranges and raspberries or strawberries.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    I just tried red lentil pasta. It’s pasta made from lentils! So the protein and fiber content are fantastic compared to regular pasta. It’s very filling, with a slightly different texture, but the extra protein content makes it worth it for me.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I just tried red lentil pasta. It’s pasta made from lentils! So the protein and fiber content are fantastic compared to regular pasta. It’s very filling, with a slightly different texture, but the extra protein content makes it worth it for me.

My husband loves the Banza chickpea pasta.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2018
    lucys1225 wrote: »

My husband loves the Banza chickpea pasta.

Yes! It can be made from black beans, or green lentils, or even chickpeas! A bit more expensive than regular pasta, but worth it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member

It's also helpful for me as a diabetic because it has a few less carbs.