Really???

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    staceyuden wrote: »
    I didn’t mean to cause a war about butter

Noone ever does :lol: these sorts of threads often end up with some sort of strange strawman argument that has nothing to do with the original post.

Except maybe these guys...

original-spread-10245.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I didn’t mean to cause a war about butter

Noone ever does :lol: these sorts of threads often end up with some sort of strange strawman argument that has nothing to do with the original post.

Except maybe these guys...

original-spread-10245.png

Nobody ever asks if it is okay to slather their food in Parkay and I have to imagine that is very hurtful to whoever created it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    So why do people say ‘don’t cook with oil or use butter as they are fatty’ ? Shouldn’t I be staying away from fatty foods even in my cal deflict?

In the past people were told all kinds of things were bad and some people stick with it without understanding why.
    Potatoes, bread, whole eggs, pasta, rice, butter, sugar have all been demonized at some point.

If you are reducing calories to lose weight then cutting down on oil and butter that can add a lot of calories is sensible. This is also why people often cut down on salad dressing or condiments.
    If you are watching your calorie intake and tracking reasonably well you know how much calories you can afford to use for various foods.
  • Slu13
    Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
    @stevephi01 thank you so much for that comment-you have really helped! I’ll defo take on what you said, it’s just hard to get my head around!

And not being able to sleep is down to nights, my body clock isn’t good at adjusting so I think my weight gain could be down to that too!

Have a good evening and thanks once again!
  • Slu13
    Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
    @WinoGelato thank you! Atleast you understand what I mean!!