5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Replies

• bstanb01
    bstanb01 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm 5'3" and was 190 when I had my baby back in late August. I was 170 in January when I started using MFP again. I had lost weight really quick the first few months, and then started gaining it back when I got back on birth control. I was 161 last time I weighed myself. My biggest goal is to be below my pre pregnancy weight of 155 before we start trying for our next kid. I don't want to start pregnancy overweight again
  • salba1985
    salba1985 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    <3
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    For reference, I'm 5'3'' with a SW: ~163lbs (July 2017)
    My original GW was 130lbs which I hit in March of this year. I've since decided to move it more towards 125lbs. I've hit 125lbs a few times, but I'm not quite ready to go into maintenance mode just yet.

I've lost several times before using MFP, but pregnancy weight gain has always been a problem for me. I have 3 kids, and always end up over 200lbs when I walk into the hospital in labor.

I initially started a couch to 5k program on my phone. It was hard. I hated it. There were times that I wanted to quit because running was hard. I wanted to quit because I'm not a runner. I wanted to quit because I thought I was going to re-injure a pulled muscle. I wanted to quit because I thought that I had screwed up my knee. I listened to my body and took it easy when I needed to. I was able to get through it. I've been fortunate enough to be able to continue running. I typically run 20 miles a week (5 miles a day, 4 days a week) on my treadmill.

Running isn't solely how I lost weight, but the exercise and doing something physical helped jump start my progress. It was a catalyst. It's also nice to have the flexibility to eat more calories on the days that I run. (I'm typically more hungry on my rest days though. Go figure!)

The key to my success? I began logging all of my food and activity through MFP and Map My Run. I will always swear by CICO. A calorie deficit is a deficit, and I lose weight each time I stick with this method.

TL;DR: CICO

Here are some before and after pics:
    f8qoqfhfwvmp.jpg

63tqi7tjq23r.jpg

Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. :smile:

This is wonderful! I'm in week 2 of C25K and vowing to continue even though it definitely sucks at first. Thanks for the inspiration! BTW, what is TL;DR?
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    My original GW was 130lbs which I hit in March of this year. I've since decided to move it more towards 125lbs. I've hit 125lbs a few times, but I'm not quite ready to go into maintenance mode just yet.

I've lost several times before using MFP, but pregnancy weight gain has always been a problem for me. I have 3 kids, and always end up over 200lbs when I walk into the hospital in labor.

I initially started a couch to 5k program on my phone. It was hard. I hated it. There were times that I wanted to quit because running was hard. I wanted to quit because I'm not a runner. I wanted to quit because I thought I was going to re-injure a pulled muscle. I wanted to quit because I thought that I had screwed up my knee. I listened to my body and took it easy when I needed to. I was able to get through it. I've been fortunate enough to be able to continue running. I typically run 20 miles a week (5 miles a day, 4 days a week) on my treadmill.

Running isn't solely how I lost weight, but the exercise and doing something physical helped jump start my progress. It was a catalyst. It's also nice to have the flexibility to eat more calories on the days that I run. (I'm typically more hungry on my rest days though. Go figure!)

The key to my success? I began logging all of my food and activity through MFP and Map My Run. I will always swear by CICO. A calorie deficit is a deficit, and I lose weight each time I stick with this method.

f8qoqfhfwvmp.jpg

63tqi7tjq23r.jpg

This is wonderful! I'm in week 2 of C25K and vowing to continue even though it definitely sucks at first. Thanks for the inspiration! BTW, what is TL;DR?

If that question was for anyone, TL;DR = 'too long; didn't read'. so it's a summary.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    HDBKLM wrote: »

f8qoqfhfwvmp.jpg

63tqi7tjq23r.jpg

If that question was for anyone, TL;DR = 'too long; didn't read'. so it's a summary.

Thanks!
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member

f8qoqfhfwvmp.jpg

63tqi7tjq23r.jpg

What HDBKLM said. (Thanks HDBKLM!)

You can do it, solieco1! Keep at it!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I am 5’2 and about 150 lbs. i spent a year regularly exercising and my body is definitely in better shape but my weight is roughly the same. I am looking to drop about 10 pounds. Anyone is welcome to add me
  • MDAJACMAC
    MDAJACMAC Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2018
    Just starting here. I am 5’1 and need to lose 20ish Kg Keen to see others food journals.
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    5'3" here and i started at 288. Currently 221. My goal is 145 and the. See if i want to try for another 10.
  • stephaniec715
    stephaniec715 Posts: 10 Member
    5’2 and down 60ish pounds qf7ej5sv781g.jpeg

Wow!! How long did this take you? And were you also exercising/ how often?
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    I’m 5’ 1.5” here’s some picsm2b3t6w5f45t.jpeg

@sgreer29 Damn!! #goals
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    Here’s another photo comparisonptx7i19873ap.jpeg

Any tips for these results!? You are an inspiration

• YBTHW
    YBTHW Posts: 6 Member

Oh, he** to the no! I began by walking then as I dropped weight I became more active. I ended up joining a gym and lifting weights and some cardio 4 days a week. More than that is just too much for me.

You can lose weight without exercising but what happens is that you lose muscle mass along with the fat. You can mitigate the muscle loss by lifting weights which has really reshaped my body. I'm at 129lbs and into a size 4 Petite (US).

You want to maintain as much muscle as possible whether you're young or old (like me).

HI,

I'm 5'2" and 50+. I lost 35 lbs 4 yrs ago on this app. I was good at maintenance for a while but old habits started to creep back in and now I've gained 15 lbs back. Help! I need friends to keep me honest and on track. I need to lose those 15 lbs! Help! Help!

• YBTHW
    YBTHW Posts: 6 Member
    HI,

I'm 5'2" and 50+. I lost 35 lbs 4 yrs ago on this app. I was good at maintenance for a while but old habits started to creep back in and now I've gained 15 lbs back. Help! I need friends to keep me honest and on track. I need to lose those 15 lbs! Help! Help!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!