Weight Gainer! Any Suggestions ?

Options
Trying to gain as much weight as possible I've been eating lots but I want to add a weight gainer please help price shouldn't matter thanks!

Replies

• kyle_waring
    kyle_waring Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I find it hard gaining weight too. I am using weight gainer shakes Mass Matrix Extreme (1000 calories) and Mass Matrix (450 Calories) from The Protein Works website. I have put on half a stone since starting this app. Add me.
  • RelevantGains
    RelevantGains Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition has a good one called True Mass. What are your goals though? What do you mean "As much weight as possible"? I'm assuming you want to be putting on muscle, and not fat, right? You should only be consuming about 500 calories above maintenance, especially as a woman. Along with a good lifting program, you should gain about .5 pounds of muscle a week starting out. Anything faster than that, and you're just putting on fat.

Unless you just did a competition or show that required you to be ultra low body fat, or if you're having hormonal issues due to low body fat, there isn't really a reason to be putting on excess fat.
  • jazlynnviolet
    jazlynnviolet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds strange but I'm 111 pounds my goal is 145 I don't care if it's muscle or fat at the moment...
    Thanks tho!
  • alittletaeste
    alittletaeste Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey! I highly suggest trying to gain a combination of muscle and fat for the healthiest weight gain possible. If you want to gain weight, you need to be eating at a consistent calorie surplus, meaning you are eating more calories than you are burning on a daily basis.
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, consistency is key. One or two days of eating loads and then going back to your usual caloric intake aren't going to cut it - in fact, when I did that, I found that I lost weight, presumably because of the metabolic boosts those days provided. Build your calories up gradually.
  • jazlynnviolet
    jazlynnviolet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks this advice really helps! Will keep this all in consideration.
  • Strongerxthanxyesterday
    Options
    I would recommend just trying not to poop. The longer you hold it in the more nutrients you will get from your food.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A jar of peanut butter and a spoon. Two tablespoons of PB is almost 200 calories. Do that a few times a day along with your other meals and you'll add a lot of calories in a hurry.