Online dating faux pas

Replies

• 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    9 out of 10 had no personality on their profile or while DM ... "hi, im bob. How are you? What do you like to do?" "Nice."
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    B
    A
    That’s all I’ll say

Got it! Noted.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    The weird and bendy yoga poses in front of some random location, like the produce section at Whole Foods or the Lincoln Memorial. Wtf?

At least wear some tights and not your baggy sweatpants and a puffy L.L. Bean jacket.
  • 123tacos
    kam26001 wrote: »
    The weird and bendy yoga poses in front of some random location, like the produce section at Whole Foods or the Lincoln Memorial. Wtf?

At least wear some tights and not your baggy sweatpants and a puffy L.L. Bean jacket.

I heard men complain about this a lot (i definitely was not bending in any pics) but why is that annoying. I would think guys would find that appealing?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    123tacos wrote: »

I heard men complain about this a lot (i definitely was not bending in any pics) but why is that annoying. I would think guys would find that appealing?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still swiping right anyway lol.
  • 123tacos
    123tacos wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I'm still swiping right anyway lol.

Oh haha...mental note bendy selfie needed ..a belfie
  • projectsix
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Men with Snapchat filters.
    Men with sparkly eyes or any type of filtering/photoshopping

This is some crap right here. All good for women to wear makeup to cover up the ugly, heels, lashes, nails, jewelry, tan, a hair blend of 6 different colours, have I missed anything? Like Women are almost not even a real person at that point.

But I'm not allowed Bear ears?!

giphy.gif
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member

This is some crap right here. All good for women to wear makeup to cover up the ugly, heels, lashes, nails, jewelry, tan, a hair blend of 6 different colours, have I missed anything? Like Women are almost not even a real person at that point.

giphy.gif

Lol Does it make you feel better if I say women should never be allowed to post with Snapchat filters too?
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Women would slowly overtake your thread... we always do
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

It's true. Women can tell when men are having a good time together without any female interference. So they show up and wreck the fun, as per usual.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I kind of liked most of this stuff because it was the quickest way to weed through guys I didn't want to spend time speaking with, especially the kids comments and photos. Most of my brief time online dating was deleting & blocking the guys' messages about "if you got to know my kids you would love them" and "I think you should give this devoted single dad a chance".

Then I met my husband and honestly... his profile had too many photos and a bunch of really arrogant sounding comments and he's not arrogant at all.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    If the words “kids” or “grand kids” are used, I generally shy away. I realize that, at 50, that they are part of the equation, but if that is such a big part of your life you have nothing else to talk about, I’m probably going to pass.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    I've yet to take the plunge into online dating. I drafted a profile but never went through with it. Interesting comments on here though.
  • projectsix
    edited April 2018
    RivenV wrote: »

It's true. Women can tell when men are having a good time together without any female interference. So they show up and wreck the fun, as per usual.

You're good people.

giphy.gif
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Here are the things I didn't like to see when I used to use those:
    • Repeated use of the phrase "NO HOOK UPS". No one (female) is going to put on their profile that they're looking for a hook up, so I know YOU aren't looking for one. The guys who are going to try to hook up are not going to be deterred by you putting that in your profile.

Truth right here. Nor do we believe you now. I know multiple women who have "no hookups" in their profile and just slept with the guy day 1 first date. I know of 3 women, one being one I dated wanted me to stay over first date.

Way to call me out bradley
  • boehle
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    " i want a man who can handle me "

handle yoself.

Don’t want no *kitten* *kitten* man

Can you give me even just a hint here? f word for the first one I think.

I think she means short for the first word bradley..
    Google it.. Let me know how it goes :D:D
  • boehle
    Pics of your cars, motorcycles, trucks or the dead animals you have killed.
    A list of demands.
    Info about your ex in your profile.
    Telling me you want to arm wrestle, have me sit on you, have me "help" you with another person, lying about your height/weight/job/drug use/smoking/basically any lies.

so we canNOT arm wrestle?
  • boehle
    denny_mac wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    Pics of your cars, motorcycles, trucks or the dead animals you have killed.
    A list of demands.
    Info about your ex in your profile.
    Telling me you want to arm wrestle, have me sit on you, have me "help" you with another person, lying about your height/weight/job/drug use/smoking/basically any lies.

so we canNOT arm wrestle?

Arm wrestling is a gateway drug.......

Gateway to poundtown!

OMG, I forgot about poundtown and online dating profiles. That's a definite faux pas. Don't mention it, ever.

I dunno why.. but this just made me single macklemores downtown song.
  • projectsix

giphy.gif

Brad, it's a dating site not Instagram. You should be posting what you actually look like. So all those things you stated women get to do, they are actually walking around with. Have you developed a snapchat filter that works IRL?

And since I don't date women, my comment was specific to men. However, it's not a double standard, everything I just stated, stands true for women as well.

So women don't do all those things I've stated to beautify themselves up, take pics and put them on their dating profile? Because, they don't look like that until they do all that stuff. It creates a fake look for them.

Honestly I don't really see how that goes down though?
    *scrolling through the profile*

"Haha funny profile"
    "Oh he's cute actually"
    "Cool, he has a great job!"
    "This guy seems decent.."
    "OH FFS BEAR EARS NOPE I'M OUT"

:D:D

Online dating is silly.