Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Cut going well.... slowing down dramatically, but that may be a good thing. I lost a bit quicker than recommended - although I seem to have maintained most of my muscle (no loss in strength at all) - high protein low fat lowish carb protocol. Still have a ways to go.

I do have a strange question - wife took a picture of my back the other day because she said it's looking like I'm getting a lot of "freckles". I've always had a pretty even complexion, but there is a lot of hyper-pigmentation on my back that wasn't there before I started this cut. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this?

No, it's not hair (lol) and no I haven't been in the sun.

arpnd1uwrxxo.jpg

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Cut going well.... slowing down dramatically, but that may be a good thing. I lost a bit quicker than recommended - although I seem to have maintained most of my muscle (no loss in strength at all) - high protein low fat lowish carb protocol. Still have a ways to go.

I do have a strange question - wife took a picture of my back the other day because she said it's looking like I'm getting a lot of "freckles". I've always had a pretty even complexion, but there is a lot of hyper-pigmentation on my back that wasn't there before I started this cut. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this?

No, it's not hair (lol) and no I haven't been in the sun.

arpnd1uwrxxo.jpg

Hmmm...I feel like I get new freckles daily so I wouldn't even give it a second thought. If you're concerned, try going to a dermatologist.

You're looking great.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    So didn't want to derail the other post but still wanted to discuss our bulking @Davidsdottir !

Do you usually stay very lean when you bulk? Or what are you doing differently this time around?

I am 12 lbs up.. honestly I'm not huge, but I am definitely not lean. I don't feel ready to cut but I don't fit in any of my clothes (even my workout clothes are starting to rip apart.. yea not good!) so I am bulking for the rest of the month then it's cut city for me.
  • Davidsdottir
    sardelsa wrote: »
    So didn't want to derail the other post but still wanted to discuss our bulking @Davidsdottir !

Do you usually stay very lean when you bulk? Or what are you doing differently this time around?

I am 12 lbs up.. honestly I'm not huge, but I am definitely not lean. I don't feel ready to cut but I don't fit in any of my clothes (even my workout clothes are starting to rip apart.. yea not good!) so I am bulking for the rest of the month then it's cut city for me.

I've had both lean and dirty bulks. My first one I only went four months, gained 10 lbs, and thought I was fat. Looking back, I wish I would've kept going. For previous bulks I stupidly did bro splits. This time I'm doing more of an upper/lower five days a week. The additional volume is helping.

I'd say the main difference with this bulk is that I'm hitting the sweet spot with calories and also have my ptogramming on point. I've outgrown some clothes and only one pair of jeans (the one pair with absolutely no stretch in them). I'm also more patient now than I have been in the past and that makes a huge difference.

I'm 5'5" and once I hit 145 I want to recomp/ cut down to no less than 140. I started my first bulk at 114 lbs and started this current one at 126.
  • sardelsa

I've had both lean and dirty bulks. My first one I only went four months, gained 10 lbs, and thought I was fat. Looking back, I wish I would've kept going. For previous bulks I stupidly did bro splits. This time I'm doing more of an upper/lower five days a week. The additional volume is helping.

I'd say the main difference with this bulk is that I'm hitting the sweet spot with calories and also have my ptogramming on point. I've outgrown some clothes and only one pair of jeans (the one pair with absolutely no stretch in them). I'm also more patient now than I have been in the past and that makes a huge difference.

I'm 5'5" and once I hit 145 I want to recomp/ cut down to no less than 140. I started my first bulk at 114 lbs and started this current one at 126.

Yea that's awesome! I love how you don't really even need to cut. I need to cut at least 6-8lbs for sure (so half of what I am gaining). You must have a terrific muscle base. I don't think I am there yet. I am lacking in a lot of areas. While this is my third bulk, I had a baby between my first and second one so it kind of set me back quite a bit in the muscle building department.
  • Davidsdottir

Yea that's awesome! I love how you don't really even need to cut. I need to cut at least 6-8lbs for sure (so half of what I am gaining). You must have a terrific muscle base. I don't think I am there yet. I am lacking in a lot of areas. While this is my third bulk, I had a baby between my first and second one so it kind of set me back quite a bit in the muscle building department.

I'm trying to straddle that fine line of optimizing muscle gain while minimizing fat gains... luckily I have a lot of wonderful friends supporting me through this and reminding me of my end goal. Babies make things tougher for sure. Something no man will ever have to deal with body-wise. Sounds like you're doing a great job to me.
  • sardelsa

I'm trying to straddle that fine line of optimizing muscle gain while minimizing fat gains... luckily I have a lot of wonderful friends supporting me through this and reminding me of my end goal. Babies make things tougher for sure. Something no man will ever have to deal with body-wise. Sounds like you're doing a great job to me.

Thanks! Yea I mean I am super happy with my progress, I feel like this is my best bulk yet. I don't want it to end but I'm also getting burnt out. My body is like "enough with this surplus and gain.. we are turning off all your hunger signals, how you like that!" Arg. Oh well just gotta keep pushing.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I feel like I've been perma bulking since 2015. I really need to stop gaining weight.
  • Davidsdottir
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I feel like I've been perma bulking since 2015. I really need to stop gaining weight.

But you look incredible!
  • bbell1985

But you look incredible!

Thanks. I don't feel so great naked.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member

But you look incredible!

Ditto. Both how great you look and your great attitude are pretty inspirational.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Sitting around 183-184 now. Not sure if getting fluffy or furry. Been too trifling to bother clipping for a while.

d8dpmk1x2o03.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Based on the vein-age, I'd say it isn't fluff. ;)
  • sardelsa
    Awesome stuff @Gallowmere1984 .. I have to say, seeing you now vs when this thread started last year, you really packed on some significant muscle size .. looking fantastic :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Awesome stuff @Gallowmere1984 .. I have to say, seeing you now vs when this thread started last year, you really packed on some significant muscle size .. looking fantastic :)

To be fair and honest, most of the weight and size has come on in the ten weeks since starting TRT. Amazing what proper nutrient partitioning via normalized hormones can do, when you come from eunuch-tier natural levels. Heh.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member

To be fair and honest, most of the weight and size has come on in the ten weeks since starting TRT. Amazing what proper nutrient partitioning via normalized hormones can do, when you come from eunuch-tier natural levels. Heh.

My co-worker started TRT, too, and has had awesome results.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Based on the vein-age, I'd say it isn't fluff. ;)

I'd say the same! Not much fluff.
  • bbell1985
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

But you look incredible!

Ditto. Both how great you look and your great attitude are pretty inspirational.

My great attitude? lol. Thank you :)