5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Replies

• Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    YBTHW wrote: »
    HI,

I'm 5'2" and 50+. I lost 35 lbs 4 yrs ago on this app. I was good at maintenance for a while but old habits started to creep back in and now I've gained 15 lbs back. Help! I need friends to keep me honest and on track. I need to lose those 15 lbs! Help! Help!

You’ve got this!! Just realize the time is going to pass anyway so you might as well make good use of it. It’s harder to lose the older you get but I’ve seen people your age lose 100+ pounds. Just weigh your food, track EVERYTHING you eat (even gum), and realize that you’re not going to be perfect all the time, no one is
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    alkight84 wrote: »
    Here’s another photo comparisonptx7i19873ap.jpeg

Any tips for these results!? You are an inspiration

Thank you. You just made my day. My biggest tip is just to realize that you will make mistakes and you will mess up, just don’t let it derail you; Look for support from others, that helped me A LOT; get a fit bit!; food wise, it just took experimentation to figure out what worked for me: I have to get 15,000 steps in a day to lose, I lose faster when my protein is over 30%, I lose faster if I eat lighter dinners (calorie wise); and MOST OF ALL have patience it took me 16 months to lose 40ish pounds and now I’ve plateaued for the last 2 months. When you plateau people have told me it’s best to change up your work outs and the types of foods you eat. Does that help or are you looking for something more specific?

That’s perfect. Thank you! Glad I could make your day!!!
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    I’m 5’ 1.5” here’s some picsm2b3t6w5f45t.jpeg

Holy moly! What a transformation! You have gorgeous, kind eyes, and now they really stand out. Congratulations!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Gatorinky wrote: »
    5'3", Started 1/23/18, down 23 lbs so far
    1tkhptvml9jo.jpg
    We started at about the same time and have lost the same amount!! Congrats, you look great!

• tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    I am 5`2.5 and trying to find women with similar stats for inspiration. Pics are good ;)
    Add Me if ya want!

i'm 5'2
  • Gatorinky
    Gatorinky Posts: 13 Member
    Gatorinky wrote: »
    5'3", Started 1/23/18, down 23 lbs so far
    1tkhptvml9jo.jpg
    We started at about the same time and have lost the same amount!! Congrats, you look great!

Thank you! Congrats to you as well!
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    I am 5 foot exactly and 9.9lbs, goal is just under 9 stone.... it is really hard at the moment but pushing on. M :)
  • karina0524
    karina0524 Posts: 1 Member
    what is caloric intake?
  • tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    karina0524 wrote: »
    what is caloric intake?

the number of calories you eat/consume
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Jashwood92 wrote: »
    I'm 5 foot 2 and I went from 154 to 140 so far.
    c8dh78al20cu.jpg
    mlgesgkehct7.jpg
    You look fantastic! I can’t wait to see those kind of results. It is really nice to see what a difference a little weight loss does to us short ladies

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    About 5’2...139 now....didn’t realized how long it’d take to get under 20 pounds lost! Trying to Lose about another 10....
    I read that it is easiest to lose 1% of body fat per month. If we weigh 140 with 30-40lbs of that being body fat, we would only lose 3-4 lbs a month. It takes a long time for me to lose weight and I researched it a bit although that wasn’t a scientific article or anything
  • carolinamccabe9653
    carolinamccabe9653 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5ft 2.5 in k started on mfp two years ago and with a few breaks inbetween i managed to keep the weight off i was 11st 5lbs i now weigh 9st 7lbs i fluctuate between 9 st to 9st 8in but want to get down to 8 st as i feel still a bit big for my height all my weight gathers in my middle i feel i will be more comfortable at that weight and if I did gain a couple pounds it wouldn't matter .
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Bump! Anyone else 5”3
  • amywizengamot
    amywizengamot Posts: 14 Member
    Bumping because I need shorty inspiration.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Cerakoala wrote: »
    Im 5'4. Started at 465 :)g2xp7z1gev79.jpg

WOW. Incredible transformation; I wouldn't even have been able to guess these were pictures of the same person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!