Looking for KETO Diet expert

andy_dad
andy_dad Posts: 28 Member
Want to start a KETO diet. Looking for an expert to tell me what to eat, how to eat, and when to eat. Basically make it idiot (me) proof.

Replies

• ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    edited April 2018
    There are many variations of keto diet - standard, cyclical, targeted etc

This link explains the variations briefly: https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-diet-types/

Currently running the Palumbo variation myself for the next six weeks. Slightly different to those above, but ran before to good effect

Also note that cutting carbs isn’t necessary to lose weight, it’s all down to personal preference. I cut carbs because a) certain carbs bloat me and I struggle with digestion b) I feel more satiated when cutting carbs on the same kcal/day

I’m not going to tell you what to eat and when, but I’d suggest 0.8-1g protein per lb bodyweight, 20g carbs, rest fats

Calorie estimation i use IIFYM.com - keep in mind it’s an estimation only and based on an algorithm - and can be out by up to +/- 500kcal IME

Edit: I’m not an expert
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    edited April 2018
    It sounds like you might be a candidate to buy or borrow one of the keto books with food plans.

Moreover, the books might help understand the overall principles.

On the other hand, if you know this little about keto, why are you trying it?
  • LCplTrey
    LCplTrey Posts: 8 Member
    I've been following Keto for a month now and it's been working well for me. I just have a bunch of recipes I found that I cook every day and try to stay in my macros. I found how much each of my macros should be by going to:
    https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy
    It seems to be working well for me. I am also following a lower calorie diet as well. I am definitely not an expert. I didn't know there were different variations of Keto and I had actually done a lot of research on it before I started it. The food is pretty filling. I had eggs and almond pancakes for breakfast this morning and I wasn't able to finish it all because of how full I was. Good luck with your diet though.
  • 3lTigr3
    3lTigr3 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't know of any keto experts to plan everything out for you, but you can check out r/keto on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
    and all of the related subs: keto recipes, keto science, keto gains, etc. Tons of information.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2018
    1. Keto is not an acronym, it's an abbreviation for "ketogenic".
    2. To lose weight, you have to eat less, for real, consistently, and for a long time.
    3. Keto is just one method to eat less.
    4. It's easy (and good for business) to think that it's hard to come up with a diet that provides you with all the nutrition you need and at the same time makes you lose weight.
    5. It's very easy to come up with a diet that makes you lose weight if you stick to it, even a nutritionally sound weightloss diet.
    6. The real challenge is to stick to eating less, for real, consistently, and for a long time.
    7. It's going to be very hard to eat less, for real, consistently, and for a long time, if you don't make your own eating decisions, freely and well-informed.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Use the search bar and/or join a keto group.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    If you need professional guidance, ask your doctor for a referral to an RD.