Sugar addicts anonymous

mybigfat
mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
Hello my name is Dee and I am a sugar addict. I don't mean I eat a snickers now and then no I will buy 3 candy bars eat 2 in the car and bring one home so my husband doesn't know. I can't even keep sugar in the house like table sugar because I will start getting creative and next thing you know I have eaten an entire batch of cookies. If you are in the same boat let's try and help each other. If you have been there what worked for you.

Replies

• smithy08js
    smithy08js Posts: 36 Member
    I struggle with sweets. I try to limit myself to small amounts of it. Or just don't have it in the house because I have a hard time controlling myself. Sometimes fruit is a good substitute for candy.
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    I will try both of these and ya chocolate is definitely my favorite
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    edited April 2018
    mybigfat wrote: »
    Hello my name is Dee and I am a sugar addict. I don't mean I eat a snickers now and then no I will buy 3 candy bars eat 2 in the car and bring one home so my husband doesn't know. I can't even keep sugar in the house like table sugar because I will start getting creative and next thing you know I have eaten an entire batch of cookies. If you are in the same boat let's try and help each other. If you have been there what worked for you.

I hear you :) I just don't bring it in the house. If it's here, I will go right down the rabbit hole eating the whole thing. After a few days of no sweets, I find the craving mostly goes away. Occasionally I will still have a sweet if offered one at someone else's house. Or if I am dying for ice cream, I will buy a single serving at Dairy Queen and eat it there. Can't tell you how often I have baked a batch of cookies and then had to throw most of it in the trash to keep myself from eating them all.
  • beilfusskat
    beilfusskat Posts: 2 Member
    I find if I have it, I eat it all at once so I avoid buying sugary things at all. That or buy things all ready in small size. I don't do any left overs! Or a box of cookies is a no no
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    mybigfat wrote: »

When we sat down to go over our budget at the end of 2017, I had to face up to the fact that the vast majority of what I was putting on my personal credit card was fast food. I realized that I was using that card (rather than a joint card with better restaurant rewards) as a way of hiding the extent of my habit from my husband. I have since switched to using the joint card. He has never questioned a single purchase, but being more honest with him makes me more honest with myself.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    try chromium picolate supplement.
  • emmyq94
    emmyq94 Posts: 5 Member
    I understand your cravings. I get them often too and I often consume a ton of sugar in one sitting. I've found that eating a salad with a sweet low fat dressing has helped a little. Fruits help but even too much fruit can be a bad thing. But they are definitely better than a bag of chips or eating a desert. Mostly though, you just have to keep yourself from buying it that way it isn't around to tempt you!