Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    You’re turning 50??? You look sooo much younger. You are so inspiring lol :) hope this isn’t sounding rude

Aww that's not rude, this ole gal appreciates that very much! <3

P.S. I don't normally plaster myself on the internet like this, but it seems that some ladies could use a boost of confidence. Just wanted to give a little inspiration, I understand what its like to be new at this and all the fears that come with it.

We're about the same height -- I'm half an inch taller -- and a close BMI, and seeing your pictures is *amazing*. I've been encouraged to pick up strength training while we try to get a health condition under control, and honestly, if I could have your abs and waist, I would be totally on board with riding out my physician's "You're going to gain five more pounds, and it'll take time to come off" verdict.

Thanks.. its amazing though how our genetics determine our ab definition. I am not willing to cut body fat down too low at my age to really see if there is many more under there. lol

I hope one day you will be here posting pics as well.
  • RoxieDawn
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Holy smokes @RoxieDawn .. you look amazing in each but you at 124lbs is just.. wow! Fantastic work, always such an inspiration :)

What you talkin about? Girl you are my inspiration. lol <3<3
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    You’re turning 50??? You look sooo much younger. You are so inspiring lol :) hope this isn’t sounding rude

Aww that's not rude, this ole gal appreciates that very much! <3

P.S. I don't normally plaster myself on the internet like this, but it seems that some ladies could use a boost of confidence. Just wanted to give a little inspiration, I understand what its like to be new at this and all the fears that come with it.

We're about the same height -- I'm half an inch taller -- and a close BMI, and seeing your pictures is *amazing*. I've been encouraged to pick up strength training while we try to get a health condition under control, and honestly, if I could have your abs and waist, I would be totally on board with riding out my physician's "You're going to gain five more pounds, and it'll take time to come off" verdict.

Thanks.. its amazing though how our genetics determine our ab definition. I am not willing to cut body fat down too low at my age to really see if there is many more under there. lol

I hope one day you will be here posting pics as well.

I've been warned that most of this gain will be in my torso -- so for now, the goal is to try to help it redistribute sooner than anticipated (I've been told it can take a year). I've got some definition, but tend to store all of my fat there, so right now you can see my obliques and the start of that center split, but that's it.

But I'm hopeful for things to come!

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    @middlehaitch @mom23mangos Thank you so much! I am excited for this new chapter, and I appreciate all the MFP folks that have helped along the way. :)

@RoxieDawn forget age - you look absolutely phenomenal! It's obvious how much hard work you put into it all.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I thought I would share some results. At 5'3.75" I turn 50 in 4 months. I am 124 pounds working on fat loss after bulking over winter. But as you can see in the past couple of years the physique changes with only a few pounds apart.

So ladies don't think you have to stick to a scale weight. Building muscle changes everything. I have changed physique again with legs/glute focus so I can update progress after my cut at the end of summer. My back and upper body still remains my best assets and legs/glutes my hardest, I just keep working on them.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN! @RoxieDawn you look amazing! :smiley:
  • RoxieDawn
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    124 pounds

obnmj55oxwkc.jpg

122 pounds

zgco459g8dh4.jpg

119 pounds

ml8kyvweqmju.jpg

I thought I would share some results. At 5'3.75" I turn 50 in 4 months. I am 124 pounds working on fat loss after bulking over winter. But as you can see in the past couple of years the physique changes with only a few pounds apart.

So ladies don't think you have to stick to a scale weight. Building muscle changes everything. I have changed physique again with legs/glute focus so I can update progress after my cut at the end of summer. My back and upper body still remains my best assets and legs/glutes my hardest, I just keep working on them.

Scale weight...yeah...but the 120s are low. I'm a similar height and people say that to me but I'm almost 150. I for the life of me can't get as lean as you. You've done great work but I just caught myself comparing and I feel kind of bad :(

Girl you don't look 150 and there is a lot of muscle packed on your body. I know you have struggled with cutting, and I in no way posted this to make anyone feel bad. Cutting is hard, I am doing it now at a snails pace so I am not so uncomfortable. I wasn't kidding on another thread that I could eat 3200 calories without flinching. :smiley:

I am sad that you are sad and I now feel really bad. :cry:

You shouldn't feel bad. I should have kept it to myself. You should be happy.

No you shouldn't keep that to yourself. That's what us ladies are here for, to help lift and support, And I can feel bad if I want to, I don't like it when I see others sad, anything I ever do to help I am always here in the land of MFP.

Thanks. I just don't understand why I can't do it. Why can't I stay little and lean?

I also just had a hard day at work and peed myself on my 4th set of squats today so I'm just over it all.

I saw that you peed yourself in your thread. I know that was awful but you actually you handled that way better than I could have.

The leanness is hard, my husband watches me weigh food and count calories every single day, he makes fun of me for doing it and fully supports it but he knows it one part of the equation that controls everything about this process. You will get there, maybe one day I will stop counting. lol
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    124 pounds

obnmj55oxwkc.jpg

122 pounds

zgco459g8dh4.jpg

119 pounds

ml8kyvweqmju.jpg

Scale weight...yeah...but the 120s are low. I'm a similar height and people say that to me but I'm almost 150. I for the life of me can't get as lean as you. You've done great work but I just caught myself comparing and I feel kind of bad :(

Girl you don't look 150 and there is a lot of muscle packed on your body. I know you have struggled with cutting, and I in no way posted this to make anyone feel bad. Cutting is hard, I am doing it now at a snails pace so I am not so uncomfortable. I wasn't kidding on another thread that I could eat 3200 calories without flinching. :smiley:

No you shouldn't keep that to yourself. That's what us ladies are here for, to help lift and support, And I can feel bad if I want to, I don't like it when I see others sad, anything I ever do to help I am always here in the land of MFP.

Thanks. I just don't understand why I can't do it. Why can't I stay little and lean?

I also just had a hard day at work and peed myself on my 4th set of squats today so I'm just over it all.

I saw that you peed yourself in your thread. I know that was awful but you actually you handled that way better than I could have.

The leanness is hard, my husband watches me weigh food and count calories every single day, he makes fun of me for doing it and fully supports it but he knows it one part of the equation that controls everything about this process. You will get there, maybe one day I will stop counting. lol

Yeah... I just shove everything in my face. I don't have a husband, boyfriend, family near by or many friends. I have no money. All I have is the gym and food.

I wasn't that embarrassed about peeing. I train hard. It was more just exhausting.
  • lolothedragon
    lolothedragon Posts: 39 Member
    @RoxieDawn Holy cow woman, you look amazing! I hope I can get my arms to look half as good as yours. So inspiring.
  • RoxieDawn
    124 pounds

obnmj55oxwkc.jpg

122 pounds

zgco459g8dh4.jpg

119 pounds

ml8kyvweqmju.jpg

Yeah... I just shove everything in my face. I don't have a husband, boyfriend, family near by or many friends. I have no money. All I have is the gym and food.

I wasn't that embarrassed about peeing. I train hard. It was more just exhausting.

You have us!!!!

And your training so hard to very inspiring you were here when I first started MFP and you were one of the first I saw posting around here that inspired me to stick around and learn stuff.

I still have stuff to learn. I am doing 5/3/1 now, I think I started too light as I am finding out that I can lift way more than what I started with. So I still need to learn stuff so don't go anywhere!
  • RoxieDawn
    @RoxieDawn Holy cow woman, you look amazing! I hope I can get my arms to look half as good as yours. So inspiring.

Thanks you!!! <3<3
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    124 pounds

obnmj55oxwkc.jpg

122 pounds

zgco459g8dh4.jpg

119 pounds

ml8kyvweqmju.jpg

You have us!!!!

And your training so hard to very inspiring you were here when I first started MFP and you were one of the first I saw posting around here that inspired me to stick around and learn stuff.

I still have stuff to learn. I am doing 5/3/1 now, I think I started too light as I am finding out that I can lift way more than what I started with. So I still need to learn stuff so don't go anywhere!

Thanks :) I didn't know you remembered me :) Everyone else ended up in a better place than me it seems. I am just going to take my woe is me *kitten* to bed.

Post about 5/3/1 in my thread if you want. It was meant to discuss whatever we are doing. I've done 5/3/1 as well. The AMRAP sets should set you up with a high enough training max it seems.
  • RoxieDawn
    124 pounds

obnmj55oxwkc.jpg

122 pounds

zgco459g8dh4.jpg

119 pounds

ml8kyvweqmju.jpg

You have us!!!!

Thanks :) I didn't know you remembered me :) Everyone else ended up in a better place than me it seems. I am just going to take my woe is me *kitten* to bed.

Post about 5/3/1 in my thread if you want. It was meant to discuss whatever we are doing. I've done 5/3/1 as well. The AMRAP sets should set you up with a high enough training max it seems.

I'll do that. :smile:
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    @RoxieDawn you look absolutely amazing! @bbell1985, your physique is enviable as well. And I adore the support I see in this thread.