Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    I slipped up and had two meals today. Let the pressure of tax returns and personal issues get to me. However, I was only 100 calories over for the day. Did perform some damage control.

Made the mistake of having chips and guacamole yesterday with my meal, not a good idea. Well, at least not at this time. I’m just one that is sensitive to even moderate carbs. So, I was craving carbs this morning. More chips! :D:D

I’m laughing, because this would have been a 4000 calorie meltdown in the past. I’ll take 1900.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is progress though! Glad you could salvage it. For me, this WOE has been a lot easier to get back on track when I screw up. A week or so ago I was in love with cheese nips, and after a couple days of mindless snacking while cooking dinner, I had to break up with them :) but in the past, it would have derailed the whole thing. Now, I feel like I accept it, admit it, and move on, not as a big of deal as it was.

Oh my, chips and guac yummy!!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Progress, Robert! That is awesome!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    That is progress though! Glad you could salvage it. For me, this WOE has been a lot easier to get back on track when I screw up. A week or so ago I was in love with cheese nips, and after a couple days of mindless snacking while cooking dinner, I had to break up with them :) but in the past, it would have derailed the whole thing. Now, I feel like I accept it, admit it, and move on, not as a big of deal as it was.

Oh my, chips and guac yummy!!!!

Yeah, I'm going to keep some of the protein chips on hand, just in case! Right, no need to worry. Lemons to lemonade, lemons to lemonade.
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Progress, Robert! That is awesome!!!

Right, this type of progress is more important than a "good day" in many ways. Damage control, not giving up, etc.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Damage control, not giving up, etc.

This is the BEST feeling!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    I consumed a grass fed, humanly raised ribeye (from a local farmer friend) and a huge salad today. I mean huge.

Life is grand. Such a lavish lifestyle.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Currently 17 hours without eating, no hunger issues. First day in which the voices aren’t telling me to consume something! My body is definitely adjusting.
  • dkayingram
    OMG a steak salad. Mouth watering!
  • EstrangedTiger
    OMG a steak salad. Mouth watering!

It’s not an everyday thing, but a 12 ounce steak sure did kill my need to eat today!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's good that your hunger level has gone down. I love steak and I had a huge salad 2 days in a row this week :p
  • EstrangedTiger
    That's good that your hunger level has gone down. I love steak and I had a huge salad 2 days in a row this week :p

Everything tastes better on OMAD.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member

Everything tastes better on OMAD.

I agree!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    The wedding reception feast I expected today went south terribly and quickly.

Let’s say that the bride and groom were both drunk and it was total chaos. The catering order was made for the wrong day! One groomsman passed out from anxiety.

This looked like a comedy movie in real life. I love them both, but...

That was my queue to leave after the ceremony. Used a gift card for a steak and salad bar meal, once again.

Bizzaro, what a day!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    The Publix drug store scale says 235. Lightest I have been in 8-9 years.

Feb 1 - 273 lbs

Feb 11 - 257.2 (a week juice cleanse and keto afterwards, I was obviously bloated in more way than one).

Feb 20 - 253

March 1 - 251.2

March 12 - 250

March 19 - 249

March 25 - 245.6

April 11 - 241

April 16 - 239.8

April 22 - 235

Total lost: 38 lbs (4.8 lost since the last weigh in)

I attribute some loss due to eating low carb this week, shedding off some extra fluid. Less than 50 carbs a day, not counting fiber, works for me.

However, I'm ready for some fried seafood tomorrow!

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow, that sounds like a crazy wedding!! Congrats on the loss...
  • dkayingram
    WOW that does sound like a crazy wedding! You are doing great with your loss!
  • EstrangedTiger
    @minigrrll @dkayingram Thank you!

Yesterday, my OMAD meal was the correct calorie total of peanut butter pretzels, a vitamin/mineral supplement and a green smoothie w/chia seeds for fiber/omega-3s.

Hey, it just felt good. Had my veggies anyway!

:D

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Mmmmm... Peanut butter. I have a love/hate relationship with anything peanut butter (actually any nut butter)! It's just so very very delicious.
  • dkayingram
    That is great Robert! I love peanut butter as well. I bet it would be great in a smoothie!
  • EstrangedTiger
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Mmmmm... Peanut butter. I have a love/hate relationship with anything peanut butter (actually any nut butter)! It's just so very very delicious.

Yes, so many calories, but soooooooooo... good!
    That is great Robert! I love peanut butter as well. I bet it would be great in a smoothie!

A good way to eat more greens is via a peanut butter/cocoa powder smoothie. So, yes.