Eating in your sleep.

I have a issue where I sleep eat and don't remember doing it. The only way I know if and what I ate was because I will wake up with a cookie or whatever other junk I have gotten into either stuck on me or in my bed.
I'm asking if anyone has any advice or knowledge of something that would help with this.

I have come so far in my journey looking 55lbs since April of 2016 and I feel like this is keeping me from going further.

And yes I have been doing this for years now.

Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Sleep eating is a complicated issue. It is not something that I personally struggle with, and I hope that you find an answer for it to some degree as well. You have done wonderful for having that condition. I wish the best going forward.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    How about, saving calories; for this & take an inventory daily of what you've, so that you know; how many cookies you've consumed during the night?
  • inf714
    inf714 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello
  • Shredder583
    Shredder583 Posts: 180 Member
    Wow that is really hard on you! Sorry to hear this. Perhaps lock away the food, even placing a lock on the fridge? Desperate times call for desperate measures! Best of luck with this friend!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Have you ever asked your doctor why you may be doing it? My son eats in the middle of the night when his blood sugar drops, and doesn't remember doing it in the morning. I'm sure there are other possible reasons for doing it though, and the only way to know how to help would be to determine the cause.
  • janayafe
    janayafe Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there - I found I was drinking milk in my sleep. A lot of milk. I've started having a high protein snack before bed (I'd done away with evening eating after dinner) and that has helped. Usually an ounce of cheese or a half cup of Greek yogurt. It's definitely an aggravating setback!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I would go to a doctor and have them request a sleep study
  • melaniemkatcher77
    melaniemkatcher77 Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for eveyones responses. I have been to a few doctors and they all have said the same thing which was hmmm must be stress I say ok and go on my way. However I find the blood sugar dropping interesting and wonder how mzmaniak found out that and what do you do now for your son
  • EricRSRCP
    EricRSRCP Posts: 57 Member
    I have a issue where I sleep eat and don't remember doing it. The only way I know if and what I ate was because I will wake up with a cookie or whatever other junk I have gotten into either stuck on me or in my bed.
    I'm asking if anyone has any advice or knowledge of something that would help with this.

I have come so far in my journey looking 55lbs since April of 2016 and I feel like this is keeping me from going further.

And yes I have been doing this for years now.

I have the same issue. I can eat a lot of calories in my sleep. I really need some kind of support system for it because it is hard to find.

Do you have a support network? Maybe we can make one here.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Are you taking any prescribed sleeping pills? Some of them are well-known for causing this.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Are you taking any prescribed sleeping pills? Some of them are well-known for causing this.

This