why don't you log?

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    I don't log using MFP but with another calorie counting website/forum so I disabled the link. Not "hiding" anything from anyone and if I used the one here it would be public. Heck, I don't even know if it is or not on the other site.

My food log would not make sense to people, anyways, because what my real calorie range is and what the log is set at are two different things so it looks like I am over every day when in fact I am not if I am under 1,625 kcal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I know I would lie at least sometimes if it was public and I want to be honest with myself so I keep it private. I've been logging my food here for 5 years and for about 2 years my husband did too, and we shared our diaries with each other but just for the purpose of copying over meals we ate together and recipes. That was fine but even then I very occasionally found myself "lying" at times! So silly, I know...he would never judge me for that afternoon latte I may have had occasionally. It's just better for me to keep it private.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I keep it private, because I am a fairly private person. But if I actually don't log it's because I'm either not positive how to log it, or I know I'm so far over, theres no point in adding them separately. I Just count them as "1200+crap) snd move in with my life.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I log always and have done for over 4 years
    My diary is only open to friends and really I don't take notie of anyone else's diary, and am not interested in opinions For friends it is open if they wish to have a look or inspiration
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    I think the default is set to private. I don't track calories here so no point to unlocking it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Mine is open to friends. I've been logging everyday for 4+ years. I had someone write on my wall a couple of days ago about the 12 grams of Lucky Charms cereal I logged so I know people are lurking in there. Kinda creepy to me, but I don't care.

I'm okay with it open for those I am familiar, not much with those I am not. If I were to need advice on the forums, I would make it public so people can help me with it.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Because I've been using a paper diary for literally decades and find it easier to continue to do that than to enter everything into MFP (I tried it in the beginning and paper logging is just faster for me).
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    I skip logging when I eat out. I just figure it isn’t worth the stress. I’m still losing even without logging the rare day I eat out all day.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I'm approaching maintenance so I'm trying to wean myself off logging somewhat. If I'm still losing I will be a bit more relaxed and only log the things that I can easily measure which is pretty much all my breakfasts and most of my lunches. If my boyfriend is cooking or we're eating out I won't log and I also don't log beer as it varies so much by brand and most aren't on the database. I still log wine and spirits as these are less variable.

If I find that I'm starting to gain (I weigh myself daily) I tighten up and start logging the things that I was letting slip before until I am losing again.

My diary is public in case I need to ask a question on the message boards but I don't often get comments about it and I never read my friends' diaries. I don't really see the point.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I think my diary is public. I don't care if people look or not.
    My food diary is a tool for me though not some kind of proof I am eating right or the best dieter. I have been logging for a couple of years. I use my logging to help me make choices.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    its no ones business what i eat why would it be....? Also why would i be shy to admit to eating things i "shouldnt have" to a bunch of internet people? I love you guys but you hold no power to make me ashamed of myself lol

This is true but I also don't go out of my way to be hassled.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    I log everything. My diary is private because that is the default setting and I haven't needed to unlock it for feedback yet.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I share with friends only. But, the idea of looking at someone’s diary is stupid. I don’t know why people do that. I have heard all the reasons. But, it is stupid, as far as I’m concerned. Why does one person concern their self with what someone else is eating? I don’t get it.

Yeah, this. I’ve never looked at someone else’s diary, and I have no desire to. I can’t think of any reason why anyone would want to look at what I’ve eaten today (let alone a random stranger online). Even friends. Why the *kitten* would they want to see what I’ve eaten?