Cheat meal advice

So i was planning to have the all u can eat Korean Bbq at 5pm but people were waiting so i ended up eating at like 8:30pm and finished at around 10pm. After i got home i felt really drowsy but i also felt really fat and weighed myself to see that i gained 10-12 pounds. Pheww. This cheatmeal was after a workout that i did from 12 to 1pm. Any advice on what to do next and how to burn fat?
Clarity: I already had my cheat meal almost an hour ago.

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2018
    You haven’t gained 10-12lb. A lot of that “gain” will be food sitting in your digestive system. But I agree.... don’t weigh yourself after eating a big meal!

Log it, so you have it in your diary to look back on..... even if it puts you way over on calories- it still will make you accountable. Then get straight back on track- eating up to your calorie goal, weighing and logging etc. Exercise too, if that’s what you’re doing.... just get back on track.

Depending on how far over your calories you were, will determine whether or not this cheat meal has had much of a negative impact on your loss this week. That’s where the learning comes in.... if it was just a one off, I wouldn’t worry too much.... if it’s happening regularly though and is impacting your weight loss, you might want to reevaluate whether or not cheat meals are worth it for you- for some people, they make them work, for others, they prefer not to. Depends what works for you and keeps you on track with your goals.
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    You haven’t gained 10-12lb. A lot of that “gain” will be food sitting in your digestive system. But I agree.... don’t weigh yourself after eating a big meal!

Log it, so you have it in your diary to look back on..... even if it puts you way over on calories- it still will make you accountable. Then get straight back on track- eating up to your calorie goal, weighing and logging etc. Exercise too, if that’s what you’re doing.... just get back on track.

Depending on how far over your calories you were, will determine whether or not this cheat meal has had much of a negative impact on your loss this week. That’s where the learning comes in.... if it was just a one off, I wouldn’t worry too much.... if it’s happening regularly though and is impacting your weight loss, you might want to reevaluate whether or not cheat meals are worth it for you- for some people, they make them work, for others, they prefer not to. Depends what works for you and keeps you on track with your goals.

I cant log it. I can either put it as "meat" or assorted meat. This is because MFP doesnt have all the meats or items i ate at the specific resturant
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Why are you still weighing yourself after you eat?

How long would it take to go back to normal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Why are you still weighing yourself after you eat?

How long would it take to go back to normal

Why would you think I'd know that?
  • Sayanogo
    Sayanogo Posts: 34 Member

I cant log it. I can either put it as "meat" or assorted meat. This is because MFP doesnt have all the meats or items i ate at the specific resturant

You can add foods. Also, I find it hard to imagine there aren't some Korean food items already in the database. Lookup a recipe or two for the types of foods you ate (not from health food blogs) and put them in the recipe builder.

If you don't want to log it, don't. But it's possible.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member

Can't is dead, won't is buried right beside it.
    Of course you can! It is called make it a guesstimate add 15% in quick calories make a note in that section et voila logged Not perfect tight logging I agree but logging it you can!

As to how long it will take to get rid of it? I don't know depends on you and your next few days, how much water you are retaining etc etc etc. But chances are a day or 2-3 should get most of it out of your system again.

Plenty of water and don't weigh after a meal as you literally are carrying that meal in your digestive system.
    Always weigh at the same time for comparisons
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member

Can't is dead, won't is buried right beside it.

@dutchandkiwi - I love this! :) Will definitely be stealing it for use on my teenagers.