Weekend workout at home? I'm Already in the Gym M-F

Anyone have a 30 minute workout for Saturday and Sunday?

I have some small weights, barbell and a weight bench. I'm fine with cardio too. I'd like to get a workout in but I have my kids at home on the weekends so its hard to make it to the gym. I'm looking to loose weight and tone up for summer. My trouble area is my hips and thighs (pear shape body).

My M-F plan is...
Mon- Strong Curves Lifting
Tues- Kickboxing Aerobics class
Wed- Boot Camp class
Thurs- Spinning
Fri- Strong Curves Lifting

Ideas?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited April 2018
    How old are your kids? I don't work out on the weekends because I end up playing lacrosse or football with my kid in the yard. Also, I'll go for a walk/run while my kid rides a bike or scooter.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Try on you tube popsugar or alternatively use fitnessblender.com
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe one of the Strong Curves bodyweight days, since you are only doing it twice a week.

To add.. you have some equipment you could do a modified regular SC workout if you wanted to.

I mean that could be a lot because you are doing a lot of cardio.. maybe just do some active rest (yoga, walks)
  • Dainty2018
    Dainty2018 Posts: 4 Member
    I have a two year old and twin 6 year olds. They do keep me active. We went for a walk on a green belt trail yesterday. Its great to include them in healthy activity but they can be slow while they enjoy the sights along the walk. I don't get much impact in the end.

I may pull up a yoga video or dance videos on YouTube so we can do a workout together.
  • fredericktambunan
    fredericktambunan Posts: 62 Member
    You could do squat press wherever you are standing in the house. Quick set of 12 to pass time maybe, especially if you are near the weights in your home, just pick em up and drop it like its hot with some squat press action.
  • WonderfullyNikki
    WonderfullyNikki Posts: 5 Member
    I workout most weekdays like you on weekends I either do a family activity bike riding or hiking or pop in a short beachbody workout.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Maybe something like PiYo or yoga... I love cardio, so I do it every day. I have lots of DVDs and there's a lot on YouTube as well. I did a fun PopSugar video yesterday
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    "I have a two year old and twin 6 year olds. They do keep me active. We went for a walk on a green belt trail yesterday. Its great to include them in healthy activity but they can be slow while they enjoy the sights along the walk. I don't get much impact in the end."

There is nothing wrong with taking it easy(ier) on the weekends, stopping to smell the roses and enjoying your family. I did notice that your weekly schedule leave precious little recovery time.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    a good run to the park and do bodyweight stuff on the playgym
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Considering your weekday workouts, I'd honestly suggest keeping up with doing stuff with your kids. Add in a game of tag or kick a ball around, hike on some hillier trails, and if you're really feeling the need to add something in, do some pushups or squats along the walk. The kids can totally join in, too.