So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• ilvme
    ilvme Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for this. I need to learn more about macros. I do cardio mostly (spin class and zumba) and I watch my calories but I can't lose weight :( I'm not sure if my hypothyroidism & age has anything to blame but I will incorporate strength training and see if it makes a difference. I need to lose 10 in 2 months and 20 by September. It's sooo hard.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    ilvme wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I need to learn more about macros. I do cardio mostly (spin class and zumba) and I watch my calories but I can't lose weight :( I'm not sure if my hypothyroidism & age has anything to blame but I will incorporate strength training and see if it makes a difference. I need to lose 10 in 2 months and 20 by September. It's sooo hard.

How many calories are you eating? Do you eat back exercise calories? Do you use a food scale? What are your stats?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    ilvme wrote: »

why the hurry to lose so quickly? and you do know the less you have to lose the slower its going to be right?
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    good reading here
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    HilTri wrote: »
    OMG! There was a young woman at my gym wearing a cropped hoodie exposing the Saran Wrap she had wrapped around her midsection. Lordy, I wanted to tell her that wasn't going to take her midsection away. It just wasn't my place, I didn't feel. I wanted to give the Op's advice but held my tongue. Thanks for your post Op.

But..... It Works!! Lol

Planks are mediocre for working your core. There are much better ab exercise that engage the core more and will develop ab muscles better. The below video is a good explanation of them.

https://youtu.be/_xdOuqokcm4

Great share -thanks
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Bump
  • daniellewhiteliving
    daniellewhiteliving Posts: 67 Member
    I'm running 3 times a week and doing 60 sit ups every other day...hoping it shifts the weight!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    I'm running 3 times a week and doing 60 sit ups every other day...hoping it shifts the weight!!

sit ups mainly work the hip flexors and not so much the abs
  • daniellewhiteliving
    daniellewhiteliving Posts: 67 Member
    Do u know what would?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Do u know what would?

I was told once that leg raises were great for abs. And planks are always super popular.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    briscogun wrote: »
    Do u know what would?

I was told once that leg raises were great for abs. And planks are always super popular.

the video above is very helpful and informative on what works the best.
  • ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Replying to this so I can track it. You know, for the days in the summer that I internally whine to myself about “why I can’t see my abs yet” haha. Great reminders in this post!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    tumblr_on1h4zgxIZ1urajweo4_1280.gif

bump
  • robinmork
    robinmork Posts: 9 Member
    Bump!
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Bump!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    ez14rnrfahsd.jpg

• Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Thanks for the pointers. What is wrong with cardio?