Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Getting stuff at Consumers Distributing
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited April 2018
    Saturday morning cartoons and when cheating at a pvp game was slightly unplugging the other controller when your buddy went to take a leak? Not that i did that to the NES controllers...honest. Oh boy i can just imagine the social justice warriors running for safe spaces if Big Johnson shirts came back.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Slow dancing
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Little house on the prairie
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Prank calls
  • Theater of the Mind
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Asking a girl out on a date face to face. Not by text or social media apps.

Full service gas stations.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited April 2018
    Corporal Pubishment. I got the board quite a few times.

Getting slapped across the face for dropping an F Bomb in front of a guys wife and daughter.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Prank calls

Apparently still a thing... I was prank called at work not too long ago while school was out. However, the kid had no idea what *67 was (hides you on caller id). I think he just told me I was going to get fired, and then hung up before the giggling started. What ever happened to the old classics like asking if my refrigerator was running? Or pretending to sell me some stupid crap to see how long they could keep me on the phone for? Do they even use an actual phone book anymore, or just look up yellow pages online? It's defiantly a lost art. :lol:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Having a hand written address book, or having to remember people's phone numbers. These days I just go find "mom" or "dad" and hit send...
  • rowlandsw
    Good sitcoms, family friendly tv, when cop and doctor shows weren't flooding things.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Remember when solider boy when a thing or on fleek or squaaa.
    Or actually any of those stupid words I can't keep up with.
  • rowlandsw
    Remember having tv antennas before cable became more available and then when you had cable staring at the scrambled Cinemax to hopefully see boobs?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited April 2018
    When cars didn't have air conditioning. Brutal.
  • rowlandsw
    Growing up our cars never had working AC so it was the windows down or nothing. Even now I'd rather just wind the window down and we've had working ac for nearly 20 years in our cars now lol. As for lead the cars got good mileage with that until they took it out. Remember when cars had giant engine compartments animals could get into? As much as i hate new cars that's a nice touch.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    edited April 2018
    AOL chat rooms and having to get off the internet when someone needed to use the phone.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    mIRC, ICQ, BBS chat rooms

Accepting that someone you met online didn't have a photo on their computer because they needed to go to Kinkos and get it "scanned in"...or accepting they had only 1 photo to share, from 3 years ago... :D