What's the most unhelpful thing someone has said to you ....

Replies

• IzzyFlower2018
    IzzyFlower2018 Posts: 121 Member
    When I was in a labour with my son, after 2 days they rushed me in for an emergency c-section. I was crushed. Right after my "friend" who knew I was hurting emotionally says to me "don't worry, you have the rest of his life to be real mother".

WHAT?????

jjefx3x29qyx.png

Your friend is an idiot.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    "Rub some dirt in it"
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    When I was in a labour with my son, after 2 days they rushed me in for an emergency c-section. I was crushed. Right after my "friend" who knew I was hurting emotionally says to me "don't worry, you have the rest of his life to be real mother".

WHAT?????

jjefx3x29qyx.png

Your friend is an idiot.

I agree!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited April 2018

That was a terrible thing for that "friend" to say. She must have been a real jerk, or a real idiot, or both.
    My first was a c-section under general anasthesia, so I was asleep for the whole thing. When I woke up, they wheeled me to NICU to see my daughter. When I got back to my room and was talking about getting to see her, one of the family members in the room (not my husband because he has better sense than that) pointed out that she got to see my baby before I did.
  • ishurao
    ishurao Posts: 48 Member
    she said
    "I'll *kitten* you right here "
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    "I'm not being rude or anything but it's kind of noticeable that you've put on weight"
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake wrote: »
    "I'm not being rude or anything but it's kind of noticeable that you've put on weight"

Automatic throat punch

I wish I had said something right back to be honest
  • melissagonzalez365
    melissagonzalez365 Posts: 17 Member
    Something that was really embarrassing a few months back... was on the line at the bank (the line was super long) and finally after being on the line for about 20 minutes the teller tells me “you could have just cut to the front of the line since you’re pregnant”
    ..... my response : “I’m not pregnant
  • amyteacake

Automatic throat punch

I wish I had said something right back to be honest

Isn’t that always the case? In the moment, you’re so taken aback that you’re speechless but when you think about it later you can think of a thousand retorts that you should have said.

It always seems to be the case. At that moment in time I didn't click on to what she had said until I had left and thought about it at home
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    "You don't look sick."

"You're so young." Sorry, Crohn's didn't ask for my birth certificate before it decided to attack my body.

I can relate so much. My cancer. They're like "your hairs not falling out anymore" that's because I cut it all off and I look like a little boy
  • rickiimarieee

That makes me mad! You're literally getting cut open but what does that have to do with being a real mother?? Both are as equally painful!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    "You don't look sick."

"You're so young." Sorry, Crohn's didn't ask for my birth certificate before it decided to attack my body.

I can relate so much. My cancer. They're like "your hairs not falling out anymore" that's because I cut it all off and I look like a little boy

Wow what the heck? Why do people think it's okay to say that nonsense? Sorry about your cancer, my heart goes out to you.

I've also been told, "I wish I was skinny as you." You mean you want to be unable to keep any food in, lying in bed all day from weakness, and can't have any fun or live a normal life? Go for it!
  • rickiimarieee
    "You don't look sick."

Wow what the heck? Why do people think it's okay to say that nonsense? Sorry about your cancer, my heart goes out to you.

I've also been told, "I wish I was skinny as you." You mean you want to be unable to keep any food in, lying in bed all day from weakness, and can't have any fun or live a normal life? Go for it!

I'm sorry for you as well. I'm getting better! Even though my doctors use me as a test dummy. I've had more surgery than I can count on two hands. I have surgery again actually on monday! That sounds terrible laying in bed all day, most days I feel actually kinda normal. I've had the same thing said to me "looks like you're losing weight" well thanks for clarifying what my body is doing. Or I wish I could be skinny as you but I love food too much. I didn't give up food I HAVE LYMPHOMA.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited April 2018
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    "Everything in moderation" ...says the skinny *kitten* who has never had to diet in her whole life.
    Moder...what...? Please, I eat one cookie and I'd have to eat a whole sleeve.

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Of course that "skinny *kitten*" has never had to diet...she knows how to moderate, and naturally has a diet that balances out. Therefore has never gotten fat enough to actively restrict intake. Freakin' DUH.

Just because you have not made the effort to exercise self-control doesn't mean it's not a thing, and that other people don't have success with it.

If you can't eat one cookie and stop, the problem is you own behavior, not moderation.
  • rickiimarieee
    "Everything in moderation" ...says the skinny *kitten* who has never had to diet in her whole life.
    Moder...what...? Please, I eat one cookie and I'd have to eat a whole sleeve.

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Of course that "skinny *kitten*" has never had to diet...she knows how to moderate, and naturally has a diet that balances out. Therefore has never gotten fat enough to actively restrict intake. Freakin' DUH.

Just because you have not made the effort to exercise self-control doesn't mean it's not a thing, and that other people don't have success with it.

If you can't eat one cookie and stop, the problem is you own behavior, not moderation.

I can fend for this though my best friend is 90 pounds soaking wet and she eats 100x the amount I've ever ate and eats very unhealthy and still stays like a toothpick.