What AREN'T you eating any more?

Replies

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Eggs.
    I am egged out at the moment and could not convince myself to pick up a dozen the other day, even as emergency/breakthrough food. Usually every 3-5 years or so of regular egg consumption I get burnt out on the wee unborn beasties. It will last anywhere from a couple weeks to a solid year.

Sardines.
    Ate waayyy too many tins of sardines the '16/'17 winter/spring trying to identify those that I liked the best. Am starting to eye the tins left in the pantry so there's hope for 'em yet.

I like these the best: http://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/brisling-sardines-olive-oil
    I'm in Canada. Not sure if they're available where you are.
  • bertabugg
    bertabugg Posts: 28 Member
    All Alcohol and ice cream
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited April 2018
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Sardines.
    Ate waayyy too many tins of sardines the '16/'17 winter/spring trying to identify those that I liked the best. Am starting to eye the tins left in the pantry so there's hope for 'em yet.

I like these the best: http://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/brisling-sardines-olive-oil
    I'm in Canada. Not sure if they're available where you are.

Appreciate the suggestion. I currently reside in the USA so I don't think Cloverleaf is available as have not seen, not even in the specialty foods stores in the nearest large city to me. I settled on Cento being a favorite. Connétable, too, as far as boneless/skinless. As far as whole, I do like the Donostia and Matiz. :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Since I've started dieting, potatoes and corn have been slashed nearly completely. And since switching to seltzer, I've stopped drinking not only soda but fruit juices, sweet teas, and all the like. So now I basically just drink seltzer and water. I can't cut out ice cream though... I just exercise to make room for it lol.

This is so funny because my potato consumption has gone way up since I starting losing weight. I almost never at them before except as fries occasionally.

I'm not taking a jab at you for cutting them. I totally get it. It's just funny how people can be so different.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ...I drink a couple diet sodas per day and I maintain my weight because I exercise regularly at eat a balance of calories. Drinking diet soda gives me something other than water to drink and I don't want the calorie hit from a couple of regular sodas in my diet.

I've personally never experienced some kind of sugar craving from my diet sodas...I just like having one at lunch and when I get home with a cocktail.
    Same here. In fact, if I eat something with sugar with/after a diet soda, it actually tastes worse than it would have without the diet soda. Doesn't cause sugar cravings in the least for me - it actually hits the spot and satisfies me when I want something sweet, without all the calories.

Next to coffee (aka Nectar of the Gods), diet soda and iced tea sweetened with sucralose (or aspartame) are my two favorite "other than water" drinks.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Poutine <3
    A giant thing of fries smothered in gravy and cheese curds use to be my go to dinner every other friday.

Now I don't want to even compute how many calories that is or how much exercise I would have to do to. Also because I always had a nice giant frozen margarita to go with it.

Maybe if I finish this dratted PhD I'll celebrate with that meal but for now im quite happy skipping it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Oreos. 140 calories for only two Oreos?! I used to eat half a sleeve in one sitting. It's not worth the calories anymore.

And I'm burned out on plain oats. I'm sure I'll go back to them at some point, but for now I'm happy with my eggs.

Oreos are now only3 for 150 calories each now so they aren't really that bad. I remember they used to be 80 a cookie. But being able to have 4 for around 200 calories isn't that bad. About the same size as any bar for 200 calories.
  • lissbuff
    lissbuff Posts: 5 Member
    I love deep fried salty or sugary carbs. I mean I luuuuurveee them. Of any sort or variety. I am a hunky chunk of burning love for them.

I am having no deep fried sugary or salty carbs.

Sad.

• mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Soda, it was a serious addiction. I don’t like soda from a can so I would buy the 16oz bottles, and would drink 4+ a day. I’m saving a boatload of money on my grocery bill now, and saving the environment.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Soda
    Most fast food (Once in a while i will do Taco Bell)
    High sodium foods. I never knew how dehydrated I was until I stopped eating them
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    potato chips.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Milk. I use to be pretty hooked on that. Consuming almost 1 liter a day, not good when one is lactose intolerant. Replaced it pretty much completely with almond milk now, my store added a new brand with high calcium and added vitamins and only 17 cal per 100 ml. My toilet and body thanking me for it XD
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    edited April 2018
    Candy, working on not eating chips anymore as well. I can't just eat 1 serving and then it trigger me to overeat or binge.
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    potato chips.
    I love potato chips. I'll never lose that loving feeling for them. Never ever ever.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    potato chips.
    I love potato chips. I'll never lose that loving feeling for them. Never ever ever.

I'm sure I still like them, but by going cold turkey my cravings for them disappeared. I was eating a bag per day (2-2.5 servings) before. That is about 300-400 calories. I switched to pop chips for a while (100 calories) then I just stopped.
  • VeggieBat
    VeggieBat Posts: 7 Member
    So far I've only cut out regular sodas, sweet tea, and butter. Honestly it has helped the weight loss a lot
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Eggs.
    I am egged out at the moment and could not convince myself to pick up a dozen the other day, even as emergency/breakthrough food. Usually every 3-5 years or so of regular egg consumption I get burnt out on the wee unborn beasties. It will last anywhere from a couple weeks to a solid year.

Sardines.

These. Nothing else compares :)

SardineGroupShot_IMG_4729_695x327.png

This is my favorite post! I love these!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    VeggieBat wrote: »
    So far I've only cut out regular sodas, sweet tea, and butter. Honestly it has helped the weight loss a lot

Butter? :'(