Day 1 and I'm over by 80 calories already.

2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Like any football dinger, my advice to you is "Walk it off."
  • scarla67
    scarla67 Posts: 60 Member
    No, peppermint seems to help. Will try the ginger, thanks so much.
  • scarla67
    Tks so much, will try it.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2018
    Ginger tea is my savior for nausea. And OP, like many others have said, you can't wreck this in a day. Go on, go easy on yourself, make it sustsinable.
  • sapphi924
    sapphi924 Posts: 2 Member
    Don't give up...I'm on 1200 calories too...

• scarla67
    Hey there, I got us off track with what you started with. Some one said this is just a goal and that's right. If you drive to the beach and take a few side roads you still get there so stay on the path as much as you can and notice when you don't. Drink your water. Great Earth tea sweet and spicy is my best tool. Even if you don't like tea you will probably love it. Make it strong and have it atound all the time. You don't need to add anything to it.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Like any football dinger, my advice to you is "Walk it off."

This is the main reason I walk... so I can eat more :smiley:
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Maybe try meal prepping or logging early. I have to plan my meals the night before or I end up not eating enough or eating way too much/the wrong things. My first few days I was way under my goal and then way over, so I decided to jut take a few minutes each night, pull up MFP, see what I have/what sounds good and plan for the next day. Also makes packing lunch for work much easier when I don't have to read labels and do math first thing in the morning lol

Don't be too hard on yourself, it is a lot of learning and trial and error.

You've got this!

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    80 calories is really inside the range of counting and measuring errors. I think you will be ok today! I think being constant is key to all this!
  • damiexxii
    damiexxii Posts: 7 Member
    Don't worry bout that! I once ate a breakfast that was my entire days worth of calories, it was good and worth it! Just make ur over day ur cheat day
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Celery, celery, celery! And Walden Farms makes pretty good no-cal dressings to dip it in. That's what I used to do if I went over, is just stuff myself with negligible-calorie vegetables until my tum was full. Or stick them in broth for a near-no-cal soup. Eat as much as you want of it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    80 calories over with such a big deficit already is hardly anything. And if you end up eating a few hundred more (like at maintenance) every once in a while you haven't done any harm - just slowed your loss a tiny bit. Not the end of the world. It's the overall trend of what you do over the long term that matters, not one single day.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Self-kickery doesn't burn calories.... Take a walk and burn those 80 calories off instead. Be gentle on yourself as you would a dear friend.
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    When you go over, take it as an opportunity to learn how to deal with the emotions that come with it. I say this as a serial starter who, up until this time round, was ALWAYS derailed by any 'bad' days - I'd just lose the motivation because I felt I'd failed already. Now that I've accepted I'm in this for the long run and that it's the big picture that counts, going over no longer bothers me unless I do it consistently.