Weight Loss Grant - Canada

2»

Replies

• Eva8Diva
    Eva8Diva Posts: 1 Member
    Wow I was really curious about that grant thing. Lots of great info thanks!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Count me in!!!
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    I heard the ad for weight loss grants.org on the radio today as well, but this is a scam. Search Better Business Bureau's website for Dalewood Health and Wellness and you get a clearer picture. Sounds like you have to pay upfront for a substandard service. If something sounds too good to be true.....
  • Wildtulips
    Wildtulips Posts: 1 Member
    I'm gonna register too, I'll update you guys
  • redriverbluesman
    redriverbluesman Posts: 1 Member
    thanks estherdragon for the info. I've been contacted by them and am hoping to offset some of my expenses for things like gym, tai chi & yoga lessons. I wonder if osteopathy and massage therapy costs can be offset as well? I'll post what I learn.
  • danamurphy710
    danamurphy710 Posts: 1 Member
    thanks estherdragon for the info. I've been contacted by them and am hoping to offset some of my expenses for things like gym, tai chi & yoga lessons. I wonder if osteopathy and massage therapy costs can be offset as well? I'll post what I learn.

I'm following this.. I'd like to know what happens.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    It's not the government. It's a private organization that seems to be getting kickbacks from the weightloss clinics involved.
  • DaiThyme
    DaiThyme Posts: 1 Member
    I was wondering about this...the WeightLossGrants website says the deadline is Nov 23...so I think I'll jump in a see if it helps me in any way
  • Marzenkaani
    Marzenkaani Posts: 1 Member
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    I heard an ad today on a Canadian Radio station about a Weight Loss Grant program. Any Canadians know about this or have participated in it?

I can tell how it is in Ottawa.
    I wanted to use one really great program available in Gatineau and Ottawa. They sell weight loss meals for the day.
    Healthy and tasty. My friend was very successful with this program. I knew that it will work for me.. no overshopping, no cooking, no extra food in the fridge, more time for fitness. Unfortunately this provider is not accredited and:

1. Currently the only accredited program provider for the 80% reimbursement is Dalewood
    2. You will get only Conditional Approval, no agreement, no warranty to get the grant after all
    3. They have some secret providers, one is in Oshawa (not my area) selling ready weight loss meals for the day. As I was told that I can't find this provider on-line.
    4. Dalewood offered weight loss program for $2400. They do tests (as I was told Dalewood is the only one doing that kind of tests, it costs $1600 and is not covered by the program) and promise to give you a book/folder with your personal diet created just for you. Make it short in my understanding... you are buying booklet with diet for $2400.
    5. Go to BBB website and just check reviews. I should read it before i started.

If you live in Oshawa (ON) there is a great opportunity to check if there is an accredited provider selling weight loss meals. Personally I don't believe in it.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Run away. Run far. Run.

All the comments on the BB website shows the scam this is. Nothing is free. Go see your doctor and start a plan that is medically supervised. At least that visit is free here in Canada...
  • Valerieb49
    Valerieb49 Posts: 1 Member
    What I have found out for B.C. is that you only get up to 20% back for an accredited organization. The only way you get 80% back is if you use them. Then you have to be able to go to there locations physically. If you can't to that then they have satellite locations but then you only get 20%. They need to disclose this up front so people aren't wasting their time and getting their hopes up for next to nothing. The ads make it sound like you get more than the fine print says. NOT IMPRESSED!!!
  • djelley11
    djelley11 Posts: 1 Member
    I looked into this and its really shady. The People that I have talked to that have tried it say they wouldnt do it again. BE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS GRANT PROGRAM!!! I would call it a weightloss scam program.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    CoffeeAnd Contour: I think I love you! :D
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Awesome! So you mean to tell me the government takes 32% from me a year so that they can pay people to stop eating crap and motivate them to get off the couch. That's some serious BS right there. It's almost comical. Trudeau gives away money like its growing on trees. Except he's not giving away his own money he's giving away money of all the people who are busting their *kitten* to get by in a country that robs us financially. How about instead of giving people free money left and right he stops robbing people of their earnings so they can fund petty *kitten*, and makes healthy food and gyms affordable to all.

I couldn't have said it better myself
  • rafas2019
    rafas2019 Posts: 2 Member
    We have been robbed!!! The weight loss grants program is a scam.

My wife reached the goal before the deadline, and did all they asked, including writing a mandatory thank you letter.

We have been waiting for our payment for 5 months. Their site says 45 days. They keep going around, stalling.

That is it! Run away from them!
  • rafas2019
    rafas2019 Posts: 2 Member
    And that is it.

They definitely took my money. They used a typo from the provider and closed my case.

Now I have to go to court. Which is ridiculous for something so simple.

They really cannot win, but they feed on people who think about $1000 is not worth the headache.

SCAM.
  • bonita1972
    bonita1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Rafas, there is a group online starting legal action as a group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518369708588678/