What DONT you track

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I don't log black tea, packets of artificial sweetener, my vitamins, spices, sugar-free gum, or diet soda. Now that I am maintaining, I also don't log a single taste of someone's food or samples at the grocery store.

Ditto!

Same as these gals! Earlier in the game, I did log vitamins and gum.

I sometimes put almond milk in my coffee to whiten, instead of drinking it black, and I do log that although I think it's kind of silly with the small amount I use (under 10 calories for sure). I have it saved in my foods or I probably wouldn't bother with that.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    If the question is things that I never log, I don't think there would be anything on the list other than vitamins and cough drops.

If the question is things that I sometimes/often skip logging, but do log sometimes, it would include black coffee, black tea, herbal tea (tisanes and blends), vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce, bitters, salt, pepper, spices, herbs, leafy green garnishes, pickles, a small amount of non-starchy veggies (lettuce, tomato, onion) on a sandwich, lemon and lime wedges.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    spices, herbs, lemon

some veg (like the sprinkle of tomato and lettuce on top of a taco- the 5-7 grams is might be isnt a big deal in my world)

i estimate the salad mixes i use (like the container of organic salad mix) i do weigh the stuff/toppings i add to it lol ;)

non stick sprays

water

diet soda

gum, vitamins, cold meds (not that i take much of those anyways, its rare)
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    ketchup, tea, gum, vitamins.
  • lazynwild
    lazynwild Posts: 7 Member
    lemon juice, teas, and weekly shot(s) of vodka >:)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Herbs and spices.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Emergen-C packets and airborne tablets.
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    ketchup, hot sauce, and diet sodas everything else is tracked
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    xxerniexx wrote: »
    ketchup, hot sauce, and diet sodas everything else is tracked

Be careful on the ketchup, a serving size is actually super small for its amount of calories, especially if you’re not weighing it out
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Lemon Juice, ACV, some vitamins, medicinal herbs, water, tea, Zevia, La Croix, spices, salt (but I’m going start because I’m too low)

And sometimes I don’t log licking the pan, but I probably should because there’s usually a good amount of tallow from the beef I cooked in it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    tea, artificial sweeteners, diet soda, walden farms type stuff.

When I'm getting down to the last bits, I make sure to log my gum and stuff. I can chew a lot .
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Cooking spray, Diet Mtn Dew (which has a few calories), anything that's "officially" calorie-free. Sometimes I'll skip really low-cal stuff like pickles or lettuce.
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't log any sauces I use (which is often hot sauce and a honey hot sauce) and sometimes I wont log if I have a piece of mini sized candy that usually tends to be 20 calories depending what it is (I have a bunch of cherry hershey kisses hoarded away and I will take one kiss sometimes. more than one and oh yeah I am definitely logging).

Same goes for any vitamins or samples depending what it is. I would say I am really chill honestly.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    BTW, if you are new to MFP and reading this you really should start with weighing and logging everything you eat over a calorie because small stuff can add up. It does not for me and the reason I know it is because I started with logging everything and I am hardly ever a nibbler/forager/or snack eater.

I so agree with this. The biggest plus of mfp (in my opinion) is that it helps build the habit of mindful eating. After a while you learn what tastes or small bites count and which ones don't. But a regular 'serving' of salad dressing/ teaspoon of nut butter/ or it's only a 20 cal chocolate or tsp sugar in tea can really add up over a day. So my advice for newbies is log everything that goes in your mouth at the beginning - after a while you can be a bit more chilled about the stuff that doesn't count.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    BTW, if you are new to MFP and reading this you really should start with weighing and logging everything you eat over a calorie because small stuff can add up. It does not for me and the reason I know it is because I started with logging everything and I am hardly ever a nibbler/forager/or snack eater.

ABSOLUTELY so many of us respond to things like these, but we've been doing it for years and have years of logging experience under our belts and KNOW how many calories things are and what *we* can get away without logging. For my first two years ( i think im on year 5 now, i dont even know), i weighed logged EVERYTHING.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Low cal condiments, veggies and fruit like carrots, cantaloupe, lettuce, and broccoli, chocolate if I only eat a small square and diet soda. I'm pretty relaxed about logging the small stuff since an extra 50 calories or so isn't gonna ruin everything.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    While I log low calorie veg (leafy greens etc) I don't bother weighing them. Whatever amount I logged most recently is how much I had today too (generally the difference is <10 calories, not a worthwhile investment of my time). Evens out in the end since sometimes I overestimate and sometimes underestimate.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Spices, stevia/truvia, hotsauce, mustard, walden farms stuff
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Black coffee. Altoids. Mustard. Anything with so few calories that it's just not worth the time.