Fat burning/ metsbolism booster drinks/tablets

After trying so hard for weeks i really struggled to lose weight ... 1/4 of a pound in weeks so thats why ive come back to mfp. The last time i did this i lost about 2lb a week. My question is whats the best affordable weight loss pill out there will no side effects. Would appreciate all your help. Im not after loosing loads a week but at least 2lb would be fab xx

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Pills aren't going to do anything, except maybe force you to drop water weight or poop a lot.

How much weight do you have to lose?

If you aren't using a food scale, considering getting one and weighing your food in grams - this helps with accuracy in your logging.

~Lyssa
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    No magic pills.
    There's nothing that can replace hard work and dedication ( other than surgery)
    If you want something you gotta work for it! If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    The rule for weight loss/fat burner drinks/pills/supplements: If it works, it isn't legal; if it's legal, it doesn't work.

Save your money. None of them are going to do a bit of good for you.
  • rajanakash1986
    rajanakash1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Pill will never work you will have to stick on calories
  • rachelacrossley
    rachelacrossley Posts: 5 Member
    Ok think youve all talked me into staying away from them. Ive done sw for the last month and stuck to it but nothing shifted. The diet plan always worked for me but it suddenly stopped working. I have about 1.5 stone to lose. This may not be alot to some but it is to me especially because im only dinky. Ive been logging on here for 6 days now and weighed everything. Tuesday morning is weight day ... time will tell if calorie counting is going to help x
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Ok think youve all talked me into staying away from them. Ive done sw for the last month and stuck to it but nothing shifted. The diet plan always worked for me but it suddenly stopped working. I have about 1.5 stone to lose. This may not be alot to some but it is to me especially because im only dinky. Ive been logging on here for 6 days now and weighed everything. Tuesday morning is weight day ... time will tell if calorie counting is going to help x

Consuming less calories than you expend is the only way to lose weight. There is no other way.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    I would offer up that increased patience with the process will be helpful. Your goal isn’t terribly much to lose.

One week weigh ins can be good, but there is a range for all of us (water weight, “in-process” digestion, etc.). Give it a bit longer than Tuesday next to decide id you’re seeing results.

• JorrunFulhelm
    JorrunFulhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Pills are not the way to go- if they work they will end up being dangerous (either because of the amount of caffeine or other substances that jack up your heart rate). The best method is to make a plan and stick to it.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    if you have spare money you can send it to me...

the advice above, about tablets being a rip off, or if they do work they probably are illegal and dangerous, is what you need to hear. I know someone who has been taking raspberry ketones for years and literally doesn't look any different. Save your money and spend it on going swimming or something.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2018
    aninya wrote: »
    Has anyone tried homemade detox drinks (water, lemon, mint & parsley) I only ask because even with using mfp and sticking to my calorie deficit rigidly for 3 years I still can't flatten my lower abdomen

"Detoxes" are woo... they do nothing for weight loss or actually removing any toxins. Examine.com has a nice article about this...
    Detoxes: an undefined scam

Detox diets and cleanses promise to 'eliminate harmful toxins' and basically cure what ails you. Yet detox diets are not supported by either toxicological mechanisms or trial evidence, and can occasionally be dangerous.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Has anyone tried homemade detox drinks (water, lemon, mint & parsley) I only ask because even with using mfp and sticking to my calorie deficit rigidly for 3 years I still can't flatten my lower abdomen

Again, if those worked, why would anybody be overweight?

Rather than wasting time and money on "tricks", spend $15 on Amazon for a digital food scale and start using it for all solid foods while committing to really accurate and consistent logging.

And if your only problem area is flattening your tummy, a couple more things to consider - Despite what the media would have us believe, many (if not most) women will not naturally have a flat lower abdomen, it's just not the way we're built. And you might have better results ignoring the scale and focusing on strength training. It can really help your "shape" without having to lose more weight.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member

You also need to adjust your expectations - with 1.5 stone to lose you should be aiming for 0.5 lb/week not 2 lbs/week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member

Scientifically, how do you think drinking infused water would flatten your stomach? What toxins do you think it is helping you get rid of and how will that flatten your stomach? I make Greek chicken that I marinade in lemon, parsley and mint.... and I drink water often. Why wouldn’t that flatten my tummy?