Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've also given up on sensible eating and logging. I just cannot do it while sleep is so terrible.

I don't drink tea, coffee, alcohol or smoke, and I haven't had more than two hours of unbroken sleep in weeks and weeks. I'm not actually gaining weight, so I'm not going to worry too hard about my chocolate addiction right now.

If we can crack magical, regular 4 hour blocks if sleep, I will get to it. I pinkie promise!
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've also given up on sensible eating and logging. I just cannot do it while sleep is so terrible.

I don't drink tea, coffee, alcohol or smoke, and I haven't had more than two hours of unbroken sleep in weeks and weeks. I'm not actually gaining weight, so I'm not going to worry too hard about my chocolate addiction right now.

If we can crack magical, regular 4 hour blocks if sleep, I will get to it. I pinkie promise!

My daughter say, "but do you spit shake?" spit shakes are serious because they are gross, I think. Anyway you made me think of her.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    In other news, layoffs of administrators have started now that merger has gone through. We did not lose anyone in my department, but we lost 9 people in my section, (nit plate in the bathroom girl though) and three in the corporate finance section I work closely with. I don't know why an even dozen feels like we got off easy, but I do.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

Law Enforcement finally caught the Golden State Killer/EARONs/ONS after 40+ years!!! 100% DNA match.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/25/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-arrested/550544002/

Former cop/military veteran! He's older than I thought he would be since a lot of the early sketches looked like someone in their late teens & not their late twenties.

Not a lot is being revealed yet, but I am thinking someone related to the suspect (familial DNA gave a sample) finally came forward.

Now to figure out the Zodiac killer or the Long Island serial killer.

That is awesome! That's some good police work.

Rant warning: You know what kills me, though? If someone worked as a cop for 6 months, and got fired for incompetence and then gets arrested later, the news stories always say "former cop." No note that it was for 6 months, however many years ago, and that he has been a carpenter, dishwasher and taxi driver since.

What's even more crazier is he was arrested for shoplifting dog repellent (obvious thing to use in ransackings & other home invasion crimes) & a hammer. You would think that back then someone would scratch their head & put two & two together. That would have prevented this sick creep from elevating to committing murders.

I'm pretty jazzed about this whole thing and it's such an interesting (and sorta sad) connection to Patton Oswalt who I also like a lot.

The wildest thing about this case has be that they caught him from running the DNA compiled at the crime scenes in an ancestry website (I've read that they sent it to Australia to check due to their being more relaxed rules for that kind of testing) & a familial match was made.

Another crazy facet of this case is how Joseph James DeAngelo seemed to match a lot of the different looking composites compiled over the course of his crime spree. I have a feeling that in some of the composites that he had been wearing wigs (supposedly two abandoned cars were found in the '70's with a wig, police issued guns, bullets, & other police work related items).

joseph-deangelo.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

who-is-east-area-rapist-suspect-joseph-james-deangelo-870751.jpg

Supposedly this mustached composite was of someone else that wasn't connected to the Maggiore murders, but it looks identical to a picture of him dressed at a charity baseball game.

There's another picture floating around where he's compared to the Visilia Ransacker composite, but I can't find that one.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?

I do all my batch cooking on Sundays. I honestly do not know how people cook after working all day, if they have something to do in the evenings!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    250 calories from ginger ale--
    250 calories from salad--
    almost 800 calories from alcohol--
    is this what they call a balanced diet? ... I'm trying my best!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

Law Enforcement finally caught the Golden State Killer/EARONs/ONS after 40+ years!!! 100% DNA match.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/25/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-arrested/550544002/

Former cop/military veteran! He's older than I thought he would be since a lot of the early sketches looked like someone in their late teens & not their late twenties.

Not a lot is being revealed yet, but I am thinking someone related to the suspect (familial DNA gave a sample) finally came forward.

Rant warning: You know what kills me, though? If someone worked as a cop for 6 months, and got fired for incompetence and then gets arrested later, the news stories always say "former cop." No note that it was for 6 months, however many years ago, and that he has been a carpenter, dishwasher and taxi driver since.

What's even more crazier is he was arrested for shoplifting dog repellent (obvious thing to use in ransackings & other home invasion crimes) & a hammer. You would think that back then someone would scratch their head & put two & two together. That would have prevented this sick creep from elevating to committing murders.

I'm pretty jazzed about this whole thing and it's such an interesting (and sorta sad) connection to Patton Oswalt who I also like a lot.

What's the connection to Patton Oswalt?! I didn't read about that. I always liked his comedy. :(
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    I am not doing well with food at all. I have a tremendous amount of job stress at the moment, and I wonder how much the Mirena is really contributing to what seems to be an incredible amount of PMS eating in the week leading up to TOM. Not sure how to totally get a handle on it, but I think I'm going to eat at what I think is maintenance for the next few weeks. I had done a legit diet break back around xmas and have really kind of floundered since then. I run a lot, then get runger, then eat, then get my weird overeating thing (yesterday was simply so absurd I'm not even sure I can share it).

I figure a week at maintenance at home and a week of maintenance-ish on vacation should help me reset to where I need to be. When I come back from vacation, I start a new position. While it will be a little stressful learning new stuff, the position is actually a bit less stressful than what I'm used to.

I hope things get easier soon <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    250 calories from ginger ale--
    250 calories from salad--
    almost 800 calories from alcohol--
    is this what they call a balanced diet? ... I'm trying my best!

Personally, I would try to flip the salad and alcohol calories, but that's a lot of salad, unless you're eating grilled chicken in it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?

I do all my batch cooking on Sundays. I honestly do not know how people cook after working all day, if they have something to do in the evenings!

I hate cooking after work. That's part of the reason I haven't been doing so well when it comes to the diet. Just random munching then trying to figure out what to cook, then eating again. Not working. It has to get better.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Ok, I am officially nervous now. If this doesn't shake me up to get serious, not sure what will. I have been checking my fasting glucose levels and have had two consecutive readings of 179 and this morning was 283. Diabetes runs in my family and I need to get a grip on this before it gets worse.

Yes, yes you do.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

What's the connection to Patton Oswalt?! I didn't read about that. I always liked his comedy. :(

His now-deceased wife was actively researching and writing a book about the Golden State Killer when she died. She was an investigative journalist. Patton hired someone to help finish the book/research and it is somewhat credited for making the case fresh again for the police to research.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

His now-deceased wife was actively researching and writing a book about the Golden State Killer when she died. She was an investigative journalist. Patton hired someone to help finish the book/research and it is somewhat credited for making the case fresh again for the police to research.

I need to go find the book. I am interested in reading it.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

Me too! I'm going on vacation this weekend and I think I'm going to pick it up to read while I am tequila-drinking on the beach.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

His wife (she passed away) wrote a book about the case https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062319784/ill-be-gone-in-the-dark

• crosbylee
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

His wife (she passed away) wrote a book about the case https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062319784/ill-be-gone-in-the-dark

Thanks Kelly! Now to order it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I moved my daughter home for the summer yesterday. There was such a traffic slow down in Knoxville that my fitbit counted 18 minutes of my drive as biking outdoors. :)

I am glad she is home. I am aggravated that she put none of her stuff away last night.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    OMG so pumped!

Me too! I'm going on vacation this weekend and I think I'm going to pick it up to read while I am tequila-drinking on the beach.

Tequila-drinking on the beach with a good book sounds fantastic! I'm going camping and can replicate the idea with a lake. Totally going to happen!
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    I googled Samoa pie after I saw you mentioned it yesterday to the filthy eaters club. That sounds....amazing.