The Worst Gift

13»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Any type of clothing. I do not like my husbands taste in clothes for me. I had to tell him several times PLEASE stop dressing me. He got it after a few years into our marriage.

But I have to say he has excellent taste in bags and shoes!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Years ago my husband bought me a vacuum cleaner for my birthday. Not just any vacuum, but the heaviest, most cumbersome thing to drag around the house. And it sucked...in that it didn’t even suck very well.

A few years later we moved to a house with a built in central vac system. The old vacuum is stashed in the attic somewhere.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    I had a crush on a girl when I was 16, but was just getting to know her, only really knew she was really smart as well as cute.

Got invited to a birthday deal for her, I had no idea. I bought her a map of Jupiter.

My friends still give me crap about that in my 40’s.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    wptapn506rka.jpeg
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    wptapn506rka.jpeg

This is a wonderful thing, yes?!
    ETA, nvm forgot what thread I was in
    wptapn506rka.jpeg

Hahahaha gave this to my ex husband for Father’s Day. While sobbing. With my then 4 year old repeatedly asking why we got daddy a thermometer.

I kid, I kid... I like the small humans. The skinny blonde one is sort of funny, and the bigger one seems kinda bright. The little diaper wearing one might be alright too I guess... a treasure they are.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I had someone give me a fragrance . . . then asked how I liked it and mentioned that his mother really liked it :|
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    My mother put a bottle of minty green Scope in my Christmas stocking. My wrapped present was a package of knee high nylons, twin pack, sheer hue. She was generous that way.

On my 10th birthday all mom got me was a pink beach towel from the grocery store. Sad times.