What tip/rule has helped you the most in your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    well to get me to eat more veggies, I use about 1/2 cup of ranch dressing. But I make it with high protien Greek yogurt, not mayo and make my own ranch powder, (I have used the hidden ranch powder in a pinch), so you get about 10 to 15 grams of protien plus helps me eat 1 to 2 cups of veggies.

plus stay away from what I call BLT's . if you have kids you will take Bites, Licks and Taste from their food you serve them. for instance a serving size of Mac an Cheese is 1/2 cup. how many bites sizes are there?

50 cal here and there add up quick.

I love your BLT's - My children are grown, but my grandchildren try to feed me their snacks all the time! I love that they have learned to share but sometimes the 2 year old shoves it right in your mouth as you're saying no.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    nupururja wrote: »
    I was able to lose weight faster doing these two:
    1) Switching to unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk(containing lactose).Feel so much less bloated now.
    2) Drink ACV with lemon and water before going to bed.Helps stabilize sugar and burns fatty foods eaten earlier/at dinner.Flushes out toxins.

Which ones?
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    For me, I:

1)avoided foods what would push me off track. If you can't moderate it, stray away until later on when you may have more control.

2) Develop a routine. My routine is so habitual now that I hardly have to think about my food or dieting. I cant do Sunday food preps, doesn't work for me. Every night when I make dinner, I make my food for the next day.

3) Work on the relationship with food. I personally have done therapy and it has helped tremendously in stopping me from using food for comfort, boredom, etc.

4)Make this a priority, a non-negotiable. I walk everyday on my lunch no matter how much work I have. I treat my workouts like they are appointments. I have a scheduled appointment at noon, 7pm or whatever time you are going to work out.

5) if you do mess up, just keep going. One bad meal wont kill you but if one bad meal turns into a bad day which becomes a bad week, you get into trouble.

6) Make it as easy as possible. I always made the mistake of planning these extravagant diet plans and i never had the energy to execute. Find quick and easy meals that only take a few ingredients to make so that it is not so much work. Have grab and go stuff always ready. An example for me is that tonight I took out chicken thighs for dinner. I do not know what I am going to do with them yet but I have stuff for chicken Parmesan, pesto chicken, chicken picatta, pan fried chicken with garlic salt, etc. They are all recipes that are quick and easy for me to make when I get home. No real planning involved and I will make enough for me and my fiance to have for lunch tomorrow too.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Oh and I forgot a big one for me...STAY OFF THE SCALE!! Especially daily. The scale is just a number.....and a number that is really good at frustrating and deterring people. It will fluctuate a lot. I weigh in once a week and hide the scale throughout the week. The number on the scale is not the most important thing. If you are eating right, working out, feeling healthy and your clothes are getting lose, who really cares what the number is.
  • kschildroth
    kschildroth Posts: 570 Member
    Things that helped me:

1. logging my food with a food scale
    2. weighing myself once a month
    3. making sure I exercised at least 30 minutes a day
    4. it's a cheat meal not a cheat day. It's not going to hurt if you have a cheat meal every once in a while. I still have to live a little.
  • nupururja
    nupururja Posts: 43 Member
    1) Switching to unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk(containing lactose).Feel so much less bloated now.
    2) Drink ACV with lemon and water before going to bed.Helps stabilize sugar and burns fatty foods eaten earlier/at dinner.Flushes out toxins.

Which ones?

As in which brand? Braggs Apple cider with the mother, and Silk-unsweetened almond milk
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member

Just curious... faster than what? Were you on 2 identical plans, the only variables being the milk & ACV, and carefully tracked the results?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member

Which ones?

As in which brand? Braggs Apple cider with the mother, and Silk-unsweetened almond milk

I think she was referring to which toxins.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited April 2018
    Love yourself throughout the process. Some days it’s gonna be ugly. More often than not it’s beautiful.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    One more... also not food related. Patience. Freaking lots of patience.
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    I log every bite that goes in my mouth, every cost co sample, every Hershey’s kiss, every bite of cake. I feel I need to be accountable and own what I do. I have lost 75 pounds since July 2016.i have maintained since last June. It has not always been easy. I exercise 4-5 times a week and watch my calories. I have a problem when on vacation. I tend to just go crazy! But I write it all down as painful as it is. I just got back from a week in Chicago and Milwaukee eating all the fried goodies and stuffed pizza. Up 4 pounds just like that! So now just back to being mindful of my choices. I realize this is a lifelong journey
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member

plus stay away from what I call BLT's . if you have kids you will take Bites, Licks and Taste from their food you serve them. for instance a serving size of Mac an Cheese is 1/2 cup. how many bites sizes are there?

50 cal here and there add up quick.

uhg this is so true and so hard for me. I tell myself its off set by all the times my toddler demands a bite (or 5) of whatever I'm eating but it probably isn't. it also irks me because how in the hell would you log a single bite of hotdog or sandwich crust or whatever other rando thing I eat when I feed my kid? or want to take the time? so I don't.

I really need to just quit it because that avoids the problem all together! No more BLTs for this mama!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Eat only when you’re physically hungry. Don’t eat if you’re not physically hungry.

I used to eat when I wasn’t really hungry but because I was stressed, bored, in a company of friends or a family, as a habit and etc. Now I eat only if I feel that my stomach is empty.