Goal weight for ladies who are 5’6?

xxpeople2
xxpeople2 Posts: 18 Member
I’m curious what other ladies who are 5’6 have chosen for their goal weight?!

I’m fairly athletic & lift weights mostly with a little bit of cardio! My “original” goal weight was 150lbs, but I felt really good at 167lbs and the scale never dropped more than that for 2 months so my new goal is 160-165lbs!

What is yours?!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Great job on losing weight. I have a fairly fine bone structure, so my goal is around 140.
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    I'm at 158 now. My goal is 143. I might go a few pounds below 143,but I'll decide once I get there.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Mine is 125
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    220lbs now goal is 150
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    I'm 5' 6.5". My original goal was 140, but I reached it and kept going. I'm now around 130 pounds and very happy.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Goal is 162
  • Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Goal weight 165-ish, but I have quite a ways to go.

I was 165 in high school, very fit, and fairly strong. I've gained at least a bit of muscle since then but also a whole bunch of the bad stuff. =(
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    I'll say 140-145, but really I'm going by looks. So I hold my weight in arms, back, and stomach so I really just want no back fat and a flat-ish stomach and my arms to have muscle and be slim. I'm hoping that happens at 140-145 but I may have to drop lower to achieve all 3. I'm still a long ways away from finding out.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    I'm currently at 136, but there is still some fat on my stomach, so I'll probably go a few pounds lower and then reassess.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    kalyn_QT wrote: »
    I'll say 140-145, but really I'm going by looks. So I hold my weight in arms, back, and stomach so I really just want no back fat and a flat-ish stomach and my arms to have muscle and be slim. I'm hoping that happens at 140-145 but I may have to drop lower to achieve all 3. I'm still a long ways away from finding out.

^^^this EXACTLY! I could've written this post!
  • TracitaGoGo
    TracitaGoGo Posts: 3 Member
    I've also set my goal weight at 150 but if 165 looks and feels great, I won't allow myself to be disheartened if the scale doesn't move past that.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    My initial goal was 135, I reached it and wasn't happy there (too thin). Now I maintain 138-145.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    I’m 5 foot 7 and would like to be around 147lb which was my pre baby weight. Currently at 166lb and feel good but still carrying too much fat around my middle- I’m an apple
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Everyone carries weight differently so I'd love to see pics of anyone can share. I'm 5'6 and my starting weight more recently was 165. I hold weight in the midsection and my cheeks lol. I've gotten down to 132 and wasn't very happy with how gaunt I looked. I gained a bit of weight, got to 148 and bam! My midsection took over. Sigh. So I'm focusing more on weight lifting. I've been holding steady at about 139-140 and I'm worried I'm starting to get that gaunt look again but I'm still not satisfied with the fat I'm still holding on to. Quite the conundrum folks. LOL!
    spzdtods4uc7.jpg
    u617jejdtla8.jpg
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    I am 5'6", started at 237 and currently below 215 (haven't weighed in a few days). I set my goal at 175 as that is what I weighed before I had kids. I am really busty and have big legs and booty, and my husband and I aren't into the stick figure look.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I am currently 136ish and want to be 128. Goal weight was about 134 but I still feel very weighted around the hips/legs and want to lose about another 8-10 lbs. I am 169 cm - about 5' 6" and of a very fine build (narrow hips, tiny wrists and arms etc).
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    I'm 5'8" and my GW is 130, and the rule of thumb for women is 5 lbs per inch, so if I was 5'6" goal would be 120. But everyone has different bone structure, different build, and different muscle mass. Some 5'6" chicks may look best at 145 and some may look best at 115. My own structure looks best at the lower end of healthy weight. It all depends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!