Fitbit sync

dcpassmore
dcpassmore Posts: 21 Member
Please fix this. I am thinking just going to Fitbit and leaving MFP, enough problems already.

Replies

• deniseyweesy1
    deniseyweesy1 Posts: 17 Member
    It is getting tiresome
  • Jon_gaudet
    Jon_gaudet Posts: 2 Member
    Broken for me too, please fix!
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2018
    My daughter and i just finished at the gym - neither of our workouts synced to MFP. She has the Charge 2 and I have the Blaze.
  • 99hockeymom
    99hockeymom Posts: 45 Member
    So I’m not the only one...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I hope you all realize these groups are made by users and run by them - the tech team doesn't monitor these for nothing.
    They are not aware of your complaints and issues unless you submit an issue to them.

The link above is place to start - obviously in this case they don't take issues when there is a known one being worked on - they know about it.
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    If I submitted an issue every time Myfitnesspal had a syncing problem I may as well become a paid employee.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Just a little note...it’s not simple to have 2 separate proprietary systems constantly syncing slices of data back & forth. In fact it is quite complex & requires a lot of work on both sides. I’m impressed that it works so well. Not surprising that there are hiccups in the processes, especially considering the thousands of data transfers between the systems every hour. I give full props to the server & data support teams on both sides for working hard to troubleshoot, isolate the problem, sort out a fix, & keep things running smoothly.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    I am new to having a fitbit (got versa in the last week) so i want to clarify: it's a delay in syncing, right? Not a loss of data and not an inability to ever sync that data? So the issue people are having is frustration over it not syncing in the moment because they need that info to sync in real time to mfp so the calories are correct. Right?
    I just want to make sure I get it so i can plan around it. It seems like a drag but not deadly, but maybe i'm not understanding.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    theowlbox wrote: »
    I am new to having a fitbit (got versa in the last week) so i want to clarify: it's a delay in syncing, right? Not a loss of data and not an inability to ever sync that data? So the issue people are having is frustration over it not syncing in the moment because they need that info to sync in real time to mfp so the calories are correct. Right?
    I just want to make sure I get it so i can plan around it. It seems like a drag but not deadly, but maybe i'm not understanding.

In the past, sync delays like this have always been just that -- delays. Once it is up and running again, the information from previous days has caught up.

Since the data is coming *from* your Fitbit, MFP can't touch it in any permanent way. They can sync it to MFP, but it's still going to be there on your Fitbit if you want it. They can't lose it.
  • heybales
    For at the moment stats too - you can also look at your device for what it says for daily burn.

Subtract 500 or whatever your deficit is.

Confirm amount eaten so far isn't above that at minimum, knowing if you want bigger dinner, ect, for your spread of calories.
  • Psychopasta
    Psychopasta Posts: 37 Member
    I've been using MFP and Fitbit since January this year and have only had two interruptions. One was when MFP was responding to their data breach and a bunch of things stopped working, and the other was yesterday's delay in getting data to sync. I'm very pleased with the sync between the two.

That said, I do wonder about doing my calorie tracking on Fitbit to begin with, and just cutting out MFP. The reason I use both is just history: I strated on MFP and then got a FitBit and didn't realize that I could do food tracking on Fitbit. Does anyone have any experience of food tracking on FitBit?
  • heybales
    I've been using MFP and Fitbit since January this year and have only had two interruptions. One was when MFP was responding to their data breach and a bunch of things stopped working, and the other was yesterday's delay in getting data to sync. I'm very pleased with the sync between the two.

That said, I do wonder about doing my calorie tracking on Fitbit to begin with, and just cutting out MFP. The reason I use both is just history: I strated on MFP and then got a FitBit and didn't realize that I could do food tracking on Fitbit. Does anyone have any experience of food tracking on FitBit?

There's a reason so many start on Fitbit and then start MFP later to sync.

For the food database, as huge and unwieldy as it can be.

You should go test log for a couple days just to see - or past days and see if they agree with MFP already logged.
    Fitbit can't sync food over to MFP - so no problem messing up MFP.
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Funny how the link above claims to have fixed the problem, yet my issue didn’t start until yesterday. My steps are being synced when I first open the app in the morning and then not syncing for the rest of the day. The previous day’s steps do not get corrected either.
  • heybales
    edited May 2018
    Funny how the link above claims to have fixed the problem, yet my issue didn’t start until yesterday. My steps are being synced when I first open the app in the morning and then not syncing for the rest of the day. The previous day’s steps do not get corrected either.

They fixed the problem they described happening - which isn't your problem.

There are some personal account issues that cause this effect too.
    It's not system wide for almost all users, very individual.
    It usually doesn't recover.

From that link, there is place to Email Us - which creates a case for investigation.
    Provide all the details, leave out the stuff that doesn't matter (like if device has problems syncing with Fitbit app in the first place).
    Comment if food totals are going to Fitbit through the day.
    Comment if you followed instructions to disconnect and revoke permissions, and did setup again.