OMAD Monday to Friday, longer window on the weekends?

HeidiHirtle
HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
Hi all! I'm new to the group. I've gotten 3 days in with OMAD, with a 5-6pm or 6-7pm window. I'm experienced with IF, so it's hasn't been hard to adjust to a 1-hour window. I'm loving not needing as much sleep and having more energy. Plus it's really boosting my weight loss (I need to lose around 20lbs).

My question is, does anyone have days of the week when they have a short window, and then days of the week they have a longer window? For myself I'm thinking 1-hour days during the week, and then 4-8 hours on the weekends.

Anyone else do this? I'm thinking it would be more sustainable in the long run for me personally. Allows for lunch or dinner dates with hubby or friends, keeping my body guessing, etc.

Heidi

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I started with IF and then have been doing OMAD since Feb. I have lost over 15lbs so far. For me Monday-Friday I have the one hour window. On Saturday/Sunday my window sometimes is from 2-6 or 3-7 this may not be organized "meals" more for maybe wine or cocktails, maybe some snacking. This isn't an every weekend thing, but if it happens I am okay with it and not super strict on the weekends.

There are others here that are way more experienced, I am sure they will reply as well.
    Best of luck, and welcome!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I just switched my plan to do OMAD on work days and a 4-8 hour window on non-workdays. However you are able to work it where it fits your life and can be sustained over the long-term is ideal
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Hi all! I'm new to the group. I've gotten 3 days in with OMAD, with a 5-6pm or 6-7pm window. I'm experienced with IF, so it's hasn't been hard to adjust to a 1-hour window. I'm loving not needing as much sleep and having more energy. Plus it's really boosting my weight loss (I need to lose around 20lbs).

My question is, does anyone have days of the week when they have a short window, and then days of the week they have a longer window? For myself I'm thinking 1-hour days during the week, and then 4-8 hours on the weekends.

Anyone else do this? I'm thinking it would be more sustainable in the long run for me personally. Allows for lunch or dinner dates with hubby or friends, keeping my body guessing, etc.

Heidi

Welcome! I’m sorta new around here myself.

Being flexible works for me, overall.

In my opinion, flexibility gives a higher percentage of success. Why?

1) One would be less likely to give up, due to life demands.
    2) Some people just need a change in routine for a mental break.
    3) Certain personality types are “all or nothing” and having permitted times for fun meals or different feeding schedules reduces stress.
    4) On a personal note: sometimes I just want lunch and dinner with family. Skipping breakfast is easy for me.

My schedule is rather unorthodox. I often have a 4 hour window, sorta like The Warrior Diet. Also, sometimes it is difficult for me to eat enough food in one hour.

Yes, I think you have a good plan. Personally, I would rather have an extended window versus splurge days.

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I totally do that. My weekend windows are way longer than my weekday windows plus usually include alcohol.

Having said that, I lost 35 pounds doing the longer windows on the weekend, I have about 15 more pounds to lose and have basically been maintaining for the past 5 months. I was having a lot of 2 meal days on the weekends. I've cut that out (while still having a longer window, but trying to be a little more controlled), and my weight loss has started up again.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Anytime you adjust or re-adjust the window and decide you want to keep it that way, keep it that way.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I lose with a 4 hr daily window with once a week 8-hr window. I maintain with a daily 8-hr window. Everyone will be a little different. Try your plan and adjust as necessary.